Contributors to this thread:
Pole Mtn 26-Aug-16
wyohunter1 29-Aug-16
LONEBULL 30-Aug-16
Stryker 01-Sep-16
Pole Mtn 04-Sep-16
wyohunter1 06-Sep-16
26-Aug-16
First post but been reading posts for a while, Have a 39-9 elk tag and a region R deer tag. If I luck out and I get something early enough in my trip is there a meat locker or meat processor east of Cody on 14A or down by Greybull that anyone recommends?

Also any input on cell phone (verizon) reception on Sheep mountain road? The verizon map looks like voice capabilities but no data, but I've found out the hard way a couple of times that their map isn't that accurate.

Thanks for your help

29-Aug-16
Theres a Processor in Hyatville and in basin. Don't know the names. Probably won't get reception in the mountains.

30-Aug-16
I'd make sure the one in Basin is open still. He wasn't two years ago when I tried to take something there. There are two in Cody that do a great job so to me it's worth the drive but then again I live in Cody. The phone reception on the Bighorns is spotty at best from my experience. I've only found a couple of spots where I get reception.

01-Sep-16
Basin processing does not do wild game any longer. As for phone service go to the lookout just east towards Bear Lodge on 14a.

04-Sep-16
Guys,

Thanks for the answers looks like I might rent a sat phone

Lonebull, what are the names of the shops in Cody? might need a day off after packing out an animal anyway

thanks again for your help

06-Sep-16
Zero Box Meats and Wagler Meats

• Sitka Gear