swampokie 28-Aug-16
TLowell02 29-Aug-16
swampokie 30-Aug-16
WFG in NM 30-Aug-16
swampokie 30-Aug-16
swampokie 27-Sep-16
TLowell02 28-Sep-16
28-Aug-16
Got unit 58 deer tag and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. There are about 5 areas of state land that I'm looking at and really wanted to narrow it down. I hunted this unit once before and only hunted in one area. Anyone with any suggestions can send a pm. Thanks and good luck this fall

29-Aug-16
I've read your past hunt report before, are you staying in Capulin again? In my mind, that is one huge problem with this unit is lack of places to camp. Makes for a long drive from Capulin, Clayton, or Clayton Lake State Park.

30-Aug-16
Planning on staying in clayton. Drove 47 miles to hunt area last time! Would love to find an area a little closer or find a leaseholder to camp on.

30-Aug-16
When I hunted deer in 59 and antelope in 58, we camped at Clayton lake State park. Have you talked with the biologist at the Kiowa Grasslands office?

--Bill

30-Aug-16
I did talk to him in 2013 but not yet this time. He said very few deer on grasslands just antelope at that time. They had been in several years drought then and that has changed so maybe different now

27-Sep-16
bump up

28-Sep-16
There are a few mule deer and white-tails as well on the national grasslands but in general there are going to be far more pronghorn.

I was hoping the agreement for established camping areas on state trust land would help with the camping problem in 58. Unfortunately the closest area is on Sierra Grande near Des Moines - not much help.

• Sitka Gear