RC 11-Sep-16
hawkeye in PA 11-Sep-16
Red Beastmaster 11-Sep-16
Mr.Bowhunter 11-Sep-16
HARRY CARRY 11-Sep-16
28-Aug-16

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
The Crew of "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" would like to invite our friends and as-of-yet friends, and ANY folks interested in Traditional Archery, to come to the annual 2-Day Traditional Archery Weekend to be held September 10-11, 2016!

Our event will be held at the East Huntingdon Sportman's Association building and property, in Alverton, Pennsylvania, approximately 45 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, in Westmoreland County. (Alverton is located between Mount Pleasant and Scottdale, off of Route 981).

"Sticks" events are set up to be relaxing events, where folks can gather to shoot, to BS, or to BS while shooting. Even if you are not planning to shoot, you are still most welcome to attend. We are a fairly "low-key" group, with our main emphasis being presenting a fun event.

This year's event will follow our previous year's outlines; yes, we may tweak or alter something here or there, but we'll still be putting our full Traditional Spirit into it!

And, we just wanted folks to know that we'll be bringing back our long-lost friend, the "Fred Bear Challenge", which we have missed presenting for about a half-dozen years now. It will take place INSIDE this year, with the "Wall of Bales" being the contest grounds, where hopefully there won't be any lost arrows, but a lot of cheers!! (A subtle "Thank You!" to the Pine Hill crew.)

The "Fred Bear Challenge" will take place shortly after the Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday evening. The dinner is our way of bringing everyone together, for a least a few minutes of R&R!

As always, if you and friends feel like spending the weekend at "Sticks", you are most welcome. There is limited camping space available, with additional space that can be used if needed.

Competition is NOT our main goal for the courses we'll be setting up; our goal is to provide a wide variety of shooting situations that, well, could only come from the minds of the "Sticks" Crew. There will be obvious, easy shots to be encountered, and there will be a few "Those guys are "___________", where you get to fill in the needed word!

The only "competition" would be involving the "Fred Bear Challenge" and the "Eagle Eye" shoot. Everything else will be up to you, to shoot, to walk past, or to make your best shot!

And we'd like to emphasize that all Traditional Archers are welcome, whether you are an experienced Archer, or whether you just picked up a stickbow for the first time last week. And if you are a regular attendee, please feel free to bring any friends who might like to experience what a 2-Day Traditional Archery event is all about. Your experience, your age, or your gender don't matter at "Sticks". All that matters is your enthusiasm!

What our event will be is up to you, and what you make of it!!

We just offer an opportunity. You take it from there!!

Thanks for your consideration, as you look at the details of our event on this posted flyer.

We hope to see you September 10-11, 2016....IN 2 WEEKENDS!

The Crew

PS: We have an active Facebook page, Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers; check us out there, too!

28-Aug-16

And here is how to get to "Sticks"!

29-Aug-16
Sounds good here!!!

30-Aug-16
Sounds good here too!

08-Sep-16
Looking forward to seeing our friends, both old and new, in a "few hours"!

08-Sep-16
I should be out Saturday morning

08-Sep-16
Yeah, but when are you leaving?

08-Sep-16
Red, Red, Red..... Sigh......

08-Sep-16
I was going to set up a tent tonight but its calling for storms again...

08-Sep-16
How about tomorrow night? I nice fellow like you shouldn't be skeered of a little inclement weather .

08-Sep-16
Yes I'll be there tomorrow pm. Just figured one day less in the pouring rain would be beneficial. Dont know how I'll be tenting but I have a cot in the back of the truck for questionable conditions. If it gets bad my mom lives about 3 miles away:)

08-Sep-16
Will now be down Sunday morning. Forgot about dog grooming Apts Saturday and Lara and the granddaughters want to come

09-Sep-16
Well all I know is that I'll be calling the DART room my temporary apartment for the weekend. There's diet Pepsi in the cooler, the shower room was power-washed this evening by the club president, and Friday is payday. So far, all that adds up to a pretty good start.

See WHOMEVER, WHENEVER!!!!

09-Sep-16
A room with a movie screen. The ultimate man cave.

11-Sep-16
Shot at SS today, was 9 in our group and we had a blast. Thanks Randy and SS crew for another fine shoot.

11-Sep-16
Dad and I really enjoyed the shoot, thanks Strictly Stick crew!!!!

11-Sep-16
It seems like I've been going to Sticks forever. It's become part of my life and I've made many good friends there.

Big THANK YOU to all who put this together.

11-Sep-16
Great shoot Randy and SS crew. Great to see some dear old friends and fling a few arRahsaan.

11-Sep-16
Wow…what a great weekend!

The entire Crew of “Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers” would like to say “THANK YOU!” to the 91 Archers and their families and friends for attending our 2-day Traditional Archery weekend.

For the most part, the weather was cooperative, if you could deal with the humidity, the skeeters, and the nighttime thundershowers! But, during the day, mostly sunny skies covered the 3 courses that the Archers partook.

A marked 30-target regular 3D course was set up on the Nuclear Creek side of the club grounds. A 15-target “Hoot & Holler” course was set up on half of the clubhouse side, while a 13…yes, 13 target (that’s how many there were)…unmarked “Hunter” course was set up on the second half of the clubhouse side.

Late Saturday evening had an Archer community Spaghetti dinner, complete with cake by Sue! This preceded the “Fred Bear Challenge”, held inside at the bales.

The “Fred Bear Challenge” is a series of 5 shooting scenarios, with scorecards, where Archers could tackle “Whack A Mole”, “Hole In One”, “Ring Me”, “Pick A Card”, and “Kid’s Play”, all to earn points for each successful shot.

Winners were Athena, for Women ages 12 and under, and Lynda K. for Women over age 12. Winners were Jack, for Men ages 12 and under, and Shayne B. for Men over age 12. The shooting was great, but the scenarios were greater equalizers! Each winner received a small trophy.

A 50/50 Distance Challenge was ongoing throughout the weekend, with Archers aiming for a specific area of the 3D Buffalo. Scott K. (husband of Lynda K. noted above) was the winner in the random drawing of all Archers who hit the spot!

Finishing up the weekend was the Sunday afternoon “Eagle Eye Challenge”. 31 Archers qualified to shoot the challenge, and at 1 PM, the shoot off began. Kegan M. was the trophy-winning final Archer to win the Challenge after 4 rounds!

The Crew is grateful to everyone who took time to visit our event, from places like Virginia, Ohio, West Virginia, and all over Pennsylvania. It is YOU, our visiting friends, who make these events as fun as they are.

We are not a huge venue like many other Traditional events. Nor do we intend to be. We like things as they happen…relaxing, low-key, yet filled with great shooting and greater people.

For that, we simply hope you had a great time with us, making new friends, visiting with old friends, and shooting your bow just for the fun of it!

To you, from the ENTIRE CREW of “Strictly Sticks”, THANK YOU … to ALL OF YOU!

Signed, The Crew

• Sitka Gear