scentman 03-Sep-16
archer756 04-Sep-16
EJG 06-Sep-16
Somersbow 08-Sep-16
EJG 08-Sep-16
31-Aug-16
How many will be out for the opening day of NYS hunting seaon

31-Aug-16
I may take the recurve and a handful of arrows for a walk in the squirrel woods tomorrow morning. Shawn

31-Aug-16
Wish...gotta work...opening day of bow...rifle. I'll be there. Have fun boys...wish I was goin. Mad Dog

02-Sep-16
Coyote has to be opened year round if ya want to put a dent in the population. I say don't ask, don't tell should be the policy. Shawn

03-Sep-16
"I say don't ask, don't tell should be the policy". hope your not teaching a new generation of hunters to think like that.

03-Sep-16
When it comes to coyotes, yup. I said that should be the policy. They are decimating our deer herds in some areas and I did not say I would condone that . I said it "should" be the policy. Shawn

03-Sep-16
good point, I understand your comment now.

04-Sep-16
Please the subject was TREE RATS not coyotes!

06-Sep-16
up to 7 so far. were crawling with them. the last two years have been a renewal of my love affair with squirrel hunting and with better recipes, my love of eating them. my little girl kept asking for more squirrel the other night at dinner so i'm extra motivate now to keep filling the freezer with them

08-Sep-16
Care to share the recipes?

Mine are usually part of Brunswick Stew or smothered in a cream of mushroom soup concoction, so wouldn't mind a new version or two.

08-Sep-16
cut squirrels into 5 peices, quarters and back minus the ribcage, tinfoil pan or shallow backing pan, heavily seasoned with your favorite seasoning, scatter about 4 or 5 pats of butter, cover with tinfoil, 225 degrees for 2.5 -3 hours. very tasty, and tender and super easy to prepare.

i also have Steve Rinella's small game book with several other great sounding recipes that i hope to try soon and will report back on how they go. his recipes are always great.

• Sitka Gear