Bob 14-Sep-16
Huntinggal2009 15-Sep-16
RMH 15-Sep-16
Spider1 16-Sep-16
DaleHajas 16-Sep-16
03-Sep-16

RMH's embedded Photo
RMH's embedded Photo
Some of you wanted me to keep you updated on my hunt in Montana with Big Sky Outfitters. Season starts today. Here is a pic of the 10pt I watched the past two evenings.

Ryan

03-Sep-16
Nice looking buck Ryan. Hope you get him. Bob

03-Sep-16
Thanks Ryan! Recurve yes?

04-Sep-16

RMH's embedded Photo
RMH's embedded Photo
Yes, Hunting with recurve. Here is a pic from stand I sat in along Powder River. Not the stand I wanted to hunt, but winds were not right for other stand. Saw some deer, 30+ but not the 10 I been seeing.

04-Sep-16

RMH's embedded Photo
RMH's embedded Photo
Here's a 130's 8pt I let go by. Hope I don't regret it later,

04-Sep-16
Good luck to you.

bill v

05-Sep-16

RMH's embedded Photo
RMH's embedded Photo
Well no luck last night. Winds still out of NE, not ideal for the ranch I'm hunting so I haven't been able to hunt the stand I'd like to kill that 10pt. Saw 2 nice 8pts, they never came closer then 100 yds. Two young 8pts walked down middle of river. Here's a pic of a crazy looking 3x2 I saw last night. Pic is from glassing Thursday evening.

05-Sep-16
One of my dream hunts!! Thanks for sharing! Shoot straight and God bless?

07-Sep-16
Well the bucks are winning the chess match so far. For some reason the deer have change their movement on the one ranch I was hunting the bucks were out in field at 3:00 pm. So we moved to second ranch. I had 2 150 class bucks and 2 130 pass at 125 yards. We moved treestand to that trail Tuesday evening. Well a nine pt was heading to cross at 26 yards. For some reason he stayed east and crossed at 58 yards. The does he was with crossed at 17 yards. That’s been my luck so far, we’ll see what tonight brings.

Ryan

07-Sep-16
Best to you Ryan!

07-Sep-16
Well, you only have to "win" once, Ryan! ;-) Hang in there and be at the right place at the right time! :)

07-Sep-16
Get er done, Ryan

07-Sep-16
I was just asking Jim today how your hunt was going. Good luck!

08-Sep-16
Finally had winds out of the northwest, so I hunted the stand I originally wanted to. Well you guessed It that 10 pt showed up, but out of bow range. The real kicker is Taylor (Bud’s son) was glassing the ranch I hunted the previous two nights, you guessed it, a big 10 walked under the stand. Still have a couple nights left. Most bucks are hard horned now, so it doesn’t look like I’ll be bringing Dennis a velvet monster. Thanks, Ryan

08-Sep-16

RMH's embedded Photo
RMH's embedded Photo
This morning started off with a kill. Matt Dejohn from Greene Co shot a nice antelope. Now hopefully we can put a couple deer down tonight.

09-Sep-16
That's why I try not to jump around a lot from stand to stand. But it's hard - especially when you only have a limited amount of time.

Great antelope!

09-Sep-16

RMH's embedded Photo
RMH's embedded Photo
I think I lost my queen last night in this chess match. Had this buck crossing a trail and thought he was at 30 turned out to be 36 and shoot under him.

Rut, Weather has played a big part in stand selection, non typical wind directions has been a huge pain in the butt. I know if a person could sit a stand 5 nights they kill I nice buck.

14-Sep-16
Ryan thanks for keeping us updated.

15-Sep-16
Yes, thanks for taking us along!!!

15-Sep-16

RMH's embedded Photo
RMH's embedded Photo
Back in Pa eating a tag sandwich. The last night of the hunt I had a shooter buck jump the fence instead of crossing at the opening. Matt missed a big 10, but ended up tagging this 8pt 30 minutes later. Thanks for following a long and good luck with your hunts this year. Ryan

16-Sep-16
Congrats to Matt on the great last minute buck! Too bad about missin the 10 pt but maybe it just wasn't his time to go! Congrats on a great hunt!

16-Sep-16
Looks like a great place Ryan! Thanks!

• Sitka Gear