DaleHajas 06-Sep-16
Phil Magistro 06-Sep-16
Bob McArthur 06-Sep-16
RC 06-Sep-16
Phil Magistro 06-Sep-16
Bob McArthur 06-Sep-16
RC 06-Sep-16
05-Sep-16
What is the best way to clean the limbs on an old bear grizzly? My stepson found one and the limbs look horrible

05-Sep-16
220 sand paper

05-Sep-16
220 will take the finish completely off. I'd start by wet sanding the limbs with 2,000 grit sandpaper.

05-Sep-16
He wants the finish off so it can be sprayed again.

05-Sep-16
If you want to ONLY just CLEAN UP the limbs, and not sand off the finish as starter for a respray, I use an older DuPont automotive polishing compound "606 S Extra Fine". It remove a lot of the gunk/grime build-up, without destroying the factory finish, IF THE FINISH IS IN GOOD CONDITION, but just gunky.

If there are gouges, chips, flaking, then start with what RC said.

06-Sep-16
I start with goo gone if its glue residue. Then Acetone, and wet paper afterwards. Spray with Deft or Minwax poly.

What year Grizz? How about a pic of the riser?

06-Sep-16
It seems the question is what you are trying to do. Do you want to clean the bow up or remove the old finish and refinish the limbs?

06-Sep-16
He asked what is the best way to clean, not refinish. Roy needs to concentrate when he reads. :) Yes, Roy, I saw your complete post last night.

06-Sep-16
I happen to have seen this bow last weekend, Kevin is a friend of mine so I know what he wants done Mr. McQuacker:)

06-Sep-16
I figured from the way he answered Roy had the inside scoop.

06-Sep-16
Well la tee da RC. I went by what he wrote, not by what you saw. Apparently he doesn't trust what you must have told him, when you saw it, since he posted the question. Who can blame him?

06-Sep-16
Quack quack quack:) Ya need to quit making assumptions Mr. McQuacker. XO

• Sitka Gear