Contributors to this thread:
SHEDHUNTER 05-Sep-16
Zinger 05-Sep-16
Jeff in MN 05-Sep-16
Braunschweiger 08-Sep-16
Jeff in MN 09-Sep-16
05-Sep-16
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/deer/cwd/index.html

Looks like Minnesota changed their import laws on animal carcasses. I'd hate to be coming through Minnesota with a big elk rack sticking out the back of the pickup and get it confiscated. Before it was just from CWD areas, but now its anywhere in North America. I would guess this would affect most of the guys coming home from Canada and out West.

05-Sep-16
"Nonresidents transporting whole or partial carcasses on a direct

route through Minnesota are exempt from this restriction."

Looks like NR are pretty much exempt from the regulation. They tried this with Aquatic Invasive Species also and it blew up in their face.

05-Sep-16
Ya, but I don't see CDW jumping out of the spine of an animal and into a healthy animal standing on the side of the highway.

08-Sep-16
Yes, they are all paranoid about CWD. I bought my license on line from Mn last night, After reading the on line regs, I see we have to physically register deer this year also. No call in registrations. I guess they want to take brain tissue samples. This is an area in the SE corner of the state only.

09-Sep-16
Last year when I registered at Gander Mt in Rochester the attendant had to walk out and actually see the deer. Not sure why but he did not take any samples. Might have had something to do with the 4 points on one side rule.

• Sitka Gear