Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
Bob Clark 06-Sep-16
Z7Goofy 06-Sep-16
bigbuckbob 07-Sep-16
Fletch 07-Sep-16
Wayniac 12-Sep-16
06-Sep-16
Anyone ever hunted there? How is the hunting pressure? Any info would be appreciated.

06-Sep-16
A lot of walkers and horse riders I grew up next to the grounds

07-Sep-16
Look for a way to get into the area from the opposite direction the hikers and biker use to access. If the parking lot is on the south side, come in from the north and let them move the deer towards you. You'll find the deer have learned to expect activity near the parking areas and naturally move to backside of the area. Try asking a landowner for permission to cross his property if you need to. Good luck!

07-Sep-16
I spent quite a few hours in there a couple of years back scouting in the offseason. I made it through a good portion of the park looking for areas off the trails. What I noticed is there's limited access to park and pack your gear in and there are trails everywhere. It was tough to find a spot far enough off the trails where you wouldn't see people walking by and/or you could legally shoot. That being said, it's a huge forest and I probably only covered a small portion of it. Tons of deer sign around though.

12-Sep-16
The few times I've hunted there - lots of bikers & hikers.

I have had deer pushed to me, but no solid shots offered

• Sitka Gear