Contributors to this thread:
Yowylie1 10-Sep-16
Backcountry 12-Sep-16
Yowylie1 13-Sep-16
Yowylie1 13-Sep-16
SBH 18-Sep-16
onXmaps 20-Sep-16
10-Sep-16
I have not been able to use Onx maps for the last 1.5 years outside of cell service range even with the app set to use offline maps. Onx Maps has given me a run around the whole time. I finally bought a Dakota 20 and have been trying to get credit from Onx because of their app that doesn't work. They conveniently don't answer emails until the weekend when they are not open. HELP!!!!!!

12-Sep-16
Did you cache maps for offline use?

13-Sep-16
yes i did. i was able to access the maps and use but for some reason 2-3 miles out of cell service range the maps would lock up like satellite signal was lost. the thing that is weird, i can open another hunting map app and it shows me exactly where i am in the same spot. unfortunately, the other app doesn't show property lines. UPDATE: I FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF THEM ON THE PHONE AND THEY CREDITED MY ACCOUNT AND ARE SENDING ME A CHIP FOR MY DAKOTA 20. THANKS FOR TRYING TO HELP!!!!

13-Sep-16
by the way, onX maps last update made their app not usable with Android versions below 4.4

18-Sep-16
Yeah, I've been having problems on my iPhone too. Back to using the ol gps. There is an app for Android users that my buddy has that is way better. Google earth images, etc, and works without service. That's where my issue has been, no service....no workie. If it doesn't work without service then whats the point?

20-Sep-16

onXmaps's Link
Hello,

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback. Your feedback will help us continue to make a better product.

First please make sure you have the most up to date version of the app, you can do this by going to the Google Play/App store and checking for an update. We release new versions of the app quite often with bug fixes and new features.

If you are looking to use our maps and are going somewhere with no cell coverage. You can save your maps for offline use and still see your GPS location on our maps without any cell coverage. Please follow this link for instructions.

Visit our Youtube page with instructional videos about the App: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NGM5QVBO1k&list=PLpW1xnJGpEy1lTBfXsecV4hDol7HbyLGD

If there are any questions or concerns, I suggest reaching out to our support team and they will be able to help you. You can best reach them by emailing [email protected]. We are currently very busy but will do our best to help you out and get your App working.

Thank you, onXmaps

• Sitka Gear