jamaro@home 28-Sep-16
Darrell 02-Oct-16
sfiremedic 04-Oct-16
LINK 05-Oct-16
New barebow 26-Nov-16
12-Sep-16

Joe Wiz's embedded Photo
Joe Wiz's embedded Photo
Here is my son Lukes first bow kill. We hunted hard for 7 days and ended up with this guy. Labor day weekend was crazy with all the people vacationing. There were atv's, motorcycles, and people wreaking havoc throughout the mountains. The people shooting guns were unbelievable. Bull were bugling for about 30 minutes in the AM and 30 minutes in PM. We had lots of rain and even one day where it rained all day, but still warm. We hunted the 1st-5th, the 7th and 10th and 11th. Bulls started up a little more this weekend. Luke shot this guy the morning of the 11th, he really wanted a bull, but said he has the rest of his life to get one. Cows were pretty skittish and this calf gave him the opportunity. He was pretty pumped. We didn't think this hunt would happen because Luke dislocated his shoulder during high school baseball last year. He has surgery scheduled the 13th for a torn labrum and fractured shoulder. I think adrenaline pumped through his veins to help draw. The shot was 65 yards and he went about 100 yard. I know that seems far for a first kill, he has been bow hunting for a couple years and is very comfortable with that distance. We hunted unit 15, and both my brothers have the 2nd hunt as well there. Good luck to all and hope everyone had or is having as much fun as us.

12-Sep-16
Congrats to your son. I bet that thing tastes as good as it gets. Easy packing too.

12-Sep-16
Congrats to you both!!!!! cant wait to get to do that with my kiddo for deer season this year.

12-Sep-16
Congrats on a great trophy! He will remember his first forever.

12-Sep-16
Congrats, he's hooked now.

22-Sep-16
Great job! Hope he is recovering well after the surgery. I will hit you up next week or the week after to chat about 37!

23-Sep-16
Congratulations! That guy is gonna be delicious

28-Sep-16
Awesome job Joe and Luke!!

28-Sep-16
great job

02-Oct-16
I always said I would never shoot a calf. However, my partner's brother came with us a number of years ago on his first bow hunt. We were calling and got stampeded by a herd of elk. A calf stepped out in front of him and all he knew was that it was an elk at 20 yards so he shot it. We dressed it out and resisted giving him too much grief about shooting the smallest animal in the herd.

The next day, we put some garlic salt and pepper on the tenderloins and put them on the grill. That was the best piece of meat I had ever eaten. Not best elk, it was better than any beef steak I had eaten and from that day forward, I decided that if it came down to it on the last couple days and I had the choice between a small bull and a calf I'd shoot the calf every time.

Congrats on his first bow kill and enjoy the steaks!

04-Oct-16
Very Nice.... let us know how he tastes...

05-Oct-16
If it were a deer I'd call it fawn mignon. Makes my mouth water thinking about it.

26-Nov-16
Cool !

• Sitka Gear