grizzlyadam 13-Sep-16
notne 13-Sep-16
bigbuckbob 14-Sep-16
notme 14-Sep-16
Mike in CT 17-Sep-16
13-Sep-16

Passthrough's embedded Photo
Passthrough's embedded Photo
This year I have been letting my clothes hang for 4 days to 7 days in my pine trees before going in a scent free bag or tote. I also put my clothes in with leaves and branches from my hunting area. I know everyone has a different approach. Some say just play the wind and you will be fine. I like to be a little more cautious. How about everyone else?

13-Sep-16
I leave my clothes out all season. Just take them in when it's rainy or they will get wet from dew the day before I hunt. Otherwise they stay out in the rain. I also don't wear any cotton so they don't fade or retain a lot of scent to begin with.

Nothing beats knowing the wind though. There's nothing that will prevent you from being smelled by a deer when it's directly downwind.

13-Sep-16
Only until my wife yells at me to stop running the yard naked and get back into the house and get dressed. Oh snap, were you talking about my hunting clothes? Never mind.

13-Sep-16
--------

13-Sep-16
Until they're dry?

I don't hang them outside. I hunt. I throw them into a pile. The next day I put them on and hunt. Repeat throughout season. I do wash them...when they get blood on them. I don't believe in all the scent control stuff, it would drive me crazy trying to do the impossible.

13-Sep-16
Wash them in scent free laundry detergent and then I put them in the dryer with an unscented fabric sheet and then I put them in my scent crusher bag and put it on for 20 min. No need to do more.

13-Sep-16
Brian M. You never took them off from last season LOL, I wash in scent free soaps and let hang outside for week.

13-Sep-16
They hang outside as often as possible. I only wash them when I need to.

13-Sep-16
I put mine away with some pine branches, I guess they had some mold spores on them cause my leafy suit is moldy..what's the worse that can happen,a shot of penicillin and burn my clothes...wait that's for crabs and vd...not that I've ever had them but a friend of mine did..lol

14-Sep-16
notne

leave the jokes to notME, he's much funnier ;)

14-Sep-16
Why do I have an alter ego...

17-Sep-16
I like to hang mine in one of my pine trees as I have white pines that are abundant in the main property I hunt in Harwinton.

After I wash my clothes in a scent-free soap and dry them with a scent-free sheet I'll hang them for 2-3 days to try to pick up some of that pine scent.

Once done they go in my plastic tub and I dress in the field.

• Sitka Gear