blackwolf 17-Sep-16
Jeff in MN 17-Sep-16
BowBrother 17-Sep-16
smokey 18-Sep-16
16-Sep-16

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo
Anyone doing any last minute prepping?

Tonight I'll be smoking a turkey and while I'm at it figured it wouldn't do any harm to smoke my clothes too. Will also finally be sharpening the new broadheads.

16-Sep-16
HAven't even bought my tag yet or hung stands. To busy with my new place. The really sad part is one place I want to hang a stand is 100yds from my new back door and I don't have time to hang it! I did get a chance to finally shoot my bow though. First 6 shots in about 2" at 20yds then the next 6 about 4" at 40yds. Not bad for not shooting the bow since I shot a deer with it last November.

16-Sep-16
Yeah, I'm excited about tomorrow, opening weekend, the rut, and bowhunting season. It's scant hours away now. Think of all the fellows scattered about the state who will loose sleep tonight in anticipation of first light. Think about the guys, with their buddies, jammed in vehicles loaded with gear on their way to deer camp. Think about pitched tents, campfires, a cool one before turning in, and then dew on the grass or fog in the morning. Do you wonder about the first deer you'll see from stand this year? A doe with her offspring? A buck? THE buck? Or, maybe nothing on your first sit. But you do know it'll happen. It's just a matter of time in the woods and applying what you've learned. Look at your bow, your arrows, your broadheads. Those instruments hold undiscovered adventure waiting to be found. And then turned into videos, photos, tales to mix with campfire smoke and memories of a lifetime afield.

With all this, who wouldn't be excited?

16-Sep-16
Good luck boys, shoot straight, sharp broadheads, short tracking and big racks.

16-Sep-16
Good luck everyone. Got to work all weekend and my brothers are all at deer camp. My first time will be Monday evening but by then they will be working. But I'll be out there in spirit. Tight flight everyone!

16-Sep-16
Not yet. Just got my stand up yesterday, & picked up my new bow today. Tomorrow I'll spend a couple hours at the range getting used to the new Bear & will get sighted in with broadheads. I'll probably start hunting Oct 1st. Hopefully we'll get a frost by then to take care of some of the skeeters.

17-Sep-16
casekiska, I like what you said.

I will get some hours in on stand around the 24th to 26th.

Good luck to all, shoot straight.

17-Sep-16
Hoping to be ready by Oct 30th! (start of my vacation) Still recovering 2 cervical spine fusions but go back to work limited later this week. Hoping to be able to pull bow at 50lb by mid-Oct. Will see what Dr. says. With the mild winter and lots of rain, I expect to see a couple nice bucks. Anxious to check a couple trail cams this week.

Good Luck to all those out there now!

17-Sep-16
Hey, dom't remember you posting here for a while. Hope your recovery continues well and good luck hunting.

17-Sep-16
Wasn't able to get out today because I had a wedding to officiate at. Wouldn't ya know, the couple gave me a Gift Card to Cabela's for doing their nuptuals! Used it already to purchase a brand new Sig Sauer range finder. Now I'm even more pumped to get out in the great outdoors and sit in a tree and wait for whitetails to entertain me. Wishing you all the greatest sucess this season. Stay safe and remember, "Aim small, miss small!"

18-Sep-16
I will be hanging some stands today. I could not get out Saturday as I had to work covering the Fat Tire Festival here. I shot about 3000 photos and I think my right hand is permanently like it was formed around my camera!

Busy time of year hunting, fall photography.

• Sitka Gear