Dr. Williams 19-Sep-16
Will 19-Sep-16
bigbuckbob 19-Sep-16
Will 19-Sep-16
bigbuckbob 20-Sep-16
17-Sep-16

Dr. Williams's Link

18-Sep-16
Read the comments in the article, now people are bitching about the ear tags lol. You just cannot make a liberal happy. I'm wondering how many times these does are going to go in heat?

18-Sep-16
spike

you're right, the doe will go into several times since they're not bred during the normal rut. One of the bucks that was lucky will find them and get lucky again. Waste of taxpayer money!!

18-Sep-16
BBB, I'm sure some of those lucky bucks are going to drop dead from exhaustion!

18-Sep-16
The responses are pretty funny

18-Sep-16
Yeah, but what a way to go!

19-Sep-16
We will see what happens. The bucks don't know they're sterile and still engage in breeding behavior. Mate guarding and normal rutting behaviors will continue as dos cycle multiple times.

19-Sep-16
Wonder if they could assess auto collisions compared to other years. Is it possible that with does cycling and cycling... And "unkowing" bucks trying and trying... that they are trolling all over and thus crossing more roads leading to more crashes.

That all said, reading the title, the part of me that is a little "off" thought: "Note to self, do not go to staten island"...

19-Sep-16
Will - great point!! I wonder how much more chasing is going to occur with a rut that will be going on month after month??? I bet someone says the herd doubled because they're going to see twice as many deer running around.

19-Sep-16
Dr Williams - question for you. How long will does that are not bred continue to cycle? Say they make it to April without breeding, would they continue cycling? Or, at some point, do things just stop and they do not cycle again until next year?

20-Sep-16
I understand they were trying to locate Bill Clinton to give him a snip :)

• Sitka Gear