Babysaph 21-Sep-16
gobbler 22-Sep-16
Rhewy 22-Sep-16
JayD 23-Sep-16
Babysaph 23-Sep-16
JayD 23-Sep-16
M.P. 23-Sep-16
18-Sep-16
Site sure has been slow for several months now. So here it goes - maybe after hearing my little pity party it will loosen up the rest of your fingers to start some new threads! LOL

I have sort of put hunting on the back burning for a bit. I have been busy with life's other events to put much effort towards hunting. I have been helping my brother out - he is on the kidney transplant list right now and going thru dialysis. i have been trying to help him around his place. Pretty bummed that I cannot give him one of mine - polycystic kidney disease runs in our family - plus I have an issue with a-fib at times. Right now my kidneys are great-just a few issues that prevent me from donating.

On the plus side been busy with running my daughters all over the place for their activities - hard to believe they are growing up so fast.

I don't know if many of you remember but I ordered a new recurve back in February - one that I have wanted for as long as I can remember. Well - got an email from the guy about a month ago telling me he had run into some family problems. His wife had left him and their children. So he had put the bow making business on hold. I think all that was needed were the limbs to be finished - but not really for sure - i told him him to put family first and finish the bow when he could. When you have wanted something so bad for such a long time - well it just puts a damper on your enthusiasm. I did get out about two weeks ago and renovated my food plot and it is doing well. Just got my cameras out the other day - so maybe if some cooler weather ever gets here - the fire will start burning.

I don't want this sound like I have lost my love for hunting - because I have not. I am looking forward to getting my youngest daughter out again this Fall. I am just not into the early season hunting - actually I hate it. I hate the heat - i hate the bugs - just doesn't seem like I should be hunting - so for now I will keep the golf bag in the truck a tad longer and maybe cast a fly a few more times!

Hope to hear some of your stories - doesn't matter if you are looking forward to next week or are more like me and waiting for Late October to get here - lets hear your thoughts!

19-Sep-16
Hope everything goes well with your brother. I will say a prayer for your family. I had family health issues with my mom in 2013. Hunting was the last thing on my mind. Things will get better. I hunt in the hot weather. I don't have any other hobbies except bowhunting. I do fly fish but only in the winter and spring. Once the cooler weather gets here you will feel more like hunting. My daughter is grown and I am about to retire so I will be hunting and fishing full time then. I only work 3 days/week now so I don't get much time to hunt. LOL

19-Sep-16
Hang in there JayD. Life throws us some curves but keep the faith and keep up with the family things. Hunting will come to you eventually. Hope to get some good stories here also.

19-Sep-16
I'm excited. This will be the first year since 2009 that I'll get to hopefully bowhunt every weekend of the season. I've only had 4 days/bow season, the last 6 years. So, Lord willing I get to make up some time. God Bless

21-Sep-16
Thanks - JR and hookman - I do appreciate it!

I was hoping with the season so close this site would pick up but it sure looks like it is dead and the nails are in the coffin!

Good Luck to you all on Saturday. I normally try to go out for a few hours on the first day - we will see - nothing nice showing up on my trail cams just yet. Actually it is gonna be a toss-up between grabbing the bow or the 22 and maybe getting a few squirrels since I missed the opening day of squirrel season!

21-Sep-16
Its not dead. I have plans for the revival of this site. I like to hunt squirrels with the 22 also. Kilt a few last weekend. Imma try to put a deer in the freezer first thing Saturday.

21-Sep-16
Oh gosh JR - I have heard you say several times now you had plans to revive the site - that can mean only one thing - there must be a world record spike roaming your land that you planned to stick! LOL ?? Or you are going to video tape the electrocution of someone trying to steal one of your energized tree stands and post it here!

21-Sep-16
I'm saving the big bucks for November.

22-Sep-16
Early season is one of the best times to have a good buck patterned and stick him early.

22-Sep-16
only saw 1 good buck 1 day only hard to pattern

23-Sep-16
JR - you better get the paddles ready and don't forget to say clear before you shock! LOL Good gracious just days before the season and these are the few responses we are getting....

We need to get a good one and done debate going again! LOL

The only reason there are big bucks in the bowhunting only counties is because they are bow only! NOT 1 buck limit!!! LOL lets see if that gets any response! LOL

All joking aside - I do miss the way the site use to be!

23-Sep-16
Ok then let's make the whole state bowhunting only and charge each hunter a monthly fee to hunt.

23-Sep-16
Would not hear any complaints from me on that! But I was just trying to get a bite out of a few people but no one is listening ?? I sure hope things pick up here once the season starts!

23-Sep-16
Well,season starts in the morning. Good luck and be safe out there everyone

• Sitka Gear