12yards 05-Dec-16
MNRazorhead 09-Dec-16
RD 09-Dec-16
Dwayne 10-Dec-16
12yards 12-Dec-16
MNRazorhead 15-Dec-16
RD 15-Dec-16
19-Sep-16
Any blood spilled this weekend? Saturday was nice, but after working in the yard and tearing down the pool, I was worn out and didn't go. Anyone have any luck? Friend of mine shot a doe Saturday, that's all I've heard.

26-Sep-16

kap's embedded Photo
kap's embedded Photo
Open night my son shot this buck. He's 10 so this is his first year hunting. He was pretty excited. 3 1/2 year old 9 pt.

26-Sep-16
Oops typo, That would be Opening night!

26-Sep-16
Awesome! Love to see the next generation out there.

26-Sep-16
Nice work! I haven't dared to fight the skeeters yet.

27-Sep-16
NICE first deer1 Congratulations to your son.

StandHntr - Thermacells are worth their weight in gold this year.

27-Sep-16

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
Wow! That's awesome kap!! Shot this doe last Thursday night, first sit of the year and first kill with the Elite Synergy. Love that bow!

03-Oct-16
Hey kap's son, that's a dandy of a buck! Congrat's to both of you! It's fun to have some one to share it with.

04-Oct-16

RD's embedded Photo
RD's embedded Photo
Got this guy Sunday, 215 field dressed, get ready for winter as this was the fattest deer I've ever seen. Shot with my Bear T/D and a Bear razorhead.

04-Oct-16
Dandy! Congrats RD!

04-Oct-16
Way to go RD!!

05-Oct-16
Nice deer Randy, CONGRATS!

Dwayne

PS: I will be ready for winter...heading to TX. :)

05-Oct-16
Way to go Randy!

Any acorns down South or was he just fat on Ag crops??

Only been out twice got busted by the local matriarch doe both times.

06-Oct-16
The doe I killed was very fat too. Must have been gorging on soybeans.

06-Oct-16
Full of corn and alfalfa, the picture was about 1 1/2 hrs after I shot him and you can see how bloated he was. No acorns to be found.

06-Oct-16
Nice deer Randy! Dwayne, that's cheating!!

07-Oct-16
arlone, I figure Texas is Fair Chase so it isn't really cheating. Looking forward to some surf fishing instead of ice fishing! :)

07-Oct-16
Good start to the season and nice ones, guys! The woods around where I hunt have been devoid of deer compared to other years, probably due to lack of acorns, but the edges of the cornfields have been hit hard. Seeing a lot of half eaten ears. Like was said above, I think the deer are hanging out in the corn this year. Going to try to get as much cornfield still-hunting and cornfield edge stands in as I can this year.

11-Oct-16

jnoznesky's embedded Photo
jnoznesky's embedded Photo
Shot this spiker near Deer River on Saturday night. Meat in the freezer! 25 yards, only went 50 yards. Good times!

The beans were just being cut this weekend up there so I would imagine activity will begin to pick up this week. Saw more deer this weekend up there than I have seen in the past 5 years.

12-Oct-16
Congtats to eveyone so far! 12yards, that looks like it had a healthy blood trail! I was fortunate to take two fat does within two minutes of each other Saturday evening. Lots of good eating and will now focus on a mature buck or bust for the remainder of the season. TODDY

12-Oct-16
TODDY, I watched her drop about 35 yards away so I didn't even look for the blood. She really didn't take off, she bolted a couple bounds and then just kind of walked in a semicircle, stopped and fell.

25-Oct-16

RD's embedded Photo
RD's embedded Photo
The wife's button buck Sunday evening

04-Nov-16

Redoak's embedded Photo
trail camera picture on the 20th, killed him on the 28th
Redoak's embedded Photo
trail camera picture on the 20th, killed him on the 28th

04-Nov-16

Redoak's embedded Photo
Redoak's embedded Photo

08-Nov-16
Randy, hope your freezer has a bunch of space in it! Nice deer above!

08-Nov-16

RD's embedded Photo
RD's embedded Photo
I know this is a MN forum but since I'm from MN I thought I could post this buck from 2 miles into Ia about 1 hr from home.

09-Nov-16
You've had a great season w/ the Bear T/d RD - congrats!

12-Nov-16
You have had a good year for whitetails pilgrim...I mean RD!

13-Nov-16

Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Not a big one but the first with my son along. 20 yd shot , it was over in less than 5 seconds. Son was impressed on how quickly the Muzzy 4 blade did its job.

So with 3-4 years of letting a little one pass and not seeing anything bigger than a 6-8, public land archery only-where are all the big ones who are supposed to arise from being selective??

19-Nov-16

Dwayne's embedded Photo
Dwayne's embedded Photo
I shot this 8-pt on a Metro hunt this last week. It didn't make my desired size of 140+ but it met my other criterion of 'if my heart gets pounding I will shoot it!' :)

Redoak, it looks like that buck has had some relatives interbreeding with elk! Great buck.

19-Nov-16
Good pic, was that Tamarack or Long Lake by any chance? Sure looks like the spots I was in 8-9 years ago..

Congratulations!

26-Nov-16
Dwayne, I'd of shot that buck in a heart beat, and mine would have been BEATING!!! He's a pretty one!

27-Nov-16

RD's embedded Photo
RD's embedded Photo
Another From Iowa, this time I used a bow made for lamont Granger by John McDonald of Big River bows. This was John's first and I think only 60" he made of this style(67 Kodiak). I also used one of Lamont's arrows tipped with a Bear Razorhead. His spirit lives on.

05-Dec-16
Congrats on the awesome harvests RD! Save some deer for the rest of us haha.

05-Dec-16
Love the old Trebark boonie RD. I used to have one of those too.

09-Dec-16

MNRazorhead's embedded Photo
MNRazorhead's embedded Photo
Shot a big, old doe on 11/12/16 that had been hit by a car right by our hunting property just before first light and was hurting pretty bad. Luckily, she was hit mid-body, and other than messy burst intestines inside, almost no meat had to be trimmed off. I still would have shot her in any case to put her out of her misery. However, I just realized the only picture I have of her is the plate of tenderloins that I ate a couple days later, when I posted it on another thread on the main forum yesterday. So, here is the doe I tagged. She is beautiful!!!

Still have my main license and am going to brave the cold for the rest of the season and try to fill that one. That is, if Randy hasn't shot all the deer already...

09-Dec-16
I was out the other day and saw just what I was looking for.... a nice doe for my Mn doe tag but it didn't work out, maybe later I'm in goose mood now , got 3 today with shotgun.

10-Dec-16
Sorry Tonybear61, I missed following up on your question about which Metro hunt. It was Palmer Lake.

12-Dec-16
Dang that looks good MNRazorhead!

15-Dec-16
Randy, is that an I-beam in your Kodiak? If yes, is it a wood like ebony or is it black phenolic? Beautiful bow. A friend of mine had John make one up that had phenolic in the handle and rosewood caps. Was a nice bow.

15-Dec-16
It's not phenolic and it doesn't go all the way through the handle, the quiver side is like the handle. Yes, it is pretty and at 50# I can shoot it in the late season without any problems. I haven't been out lately but next week should be good(20's), will have to snowshoe in as the wind has made some pretty good drifts.

• Sitka Gear