bigbuckbob 27-Sep-16
shawnm 27-Sep-16
Bloodtrail 27-Sep-16
23-Sep-16

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Checked a camera today had another doe with 2 fawns

23-Sep-16
Saw one with spots yesterday in Stamford. No surprise there!

24-Sep-16
Still seeing them in Fairfield and shelton

24-Sep-16
What brand camera is that?

25-Sep-16
I take the photo with my phone off the computer that's why it looks so bad if you have a card reader you can do it and send s photo over the phone from the woods me and Dave do it all the time

26-Sep-16
I didn't know that they stayed with there mother that long. I was under the impression the first year they are kicked out and they can also breed there first year. So which is it??

27-Sep-16
That looks to be a late drop.

If it's a buck, he gets booted when she goes into estrus. Not sure it works that way with female fawns, since there's no chance of inbreeding...

27-Sep-16
Shawnm

Usually young bucks stay with their mother until they are almost a year old, but during the spring they usually leave on their own or the females will drive them away. On the other hand, young females often will stay with their mother for up to two years, and even then they usually stay in the same general area as their mother.

27-Sep-16
O wow I had no idea. I've seen a doe with her fawn on the side of my apartment multiple times and have literally watched the fawn grow up with her mother. They continuously use the same trail and are always in one patch together. There's soo many oaks around and plenty of thicket for them to hide in.. Suburban deer

27-Sep-16

Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
I just got a pic of one with spots as well. Nice to see a lot of fawns. Hopefully lots of does get a pass this year.

• Sitka Gear