Rut Nut 27-Sep-16
Rut Nut 27-Sep-16
RC 27-Sep-16
RC 27-Sep-16
Bob McArthur 27-Sep-16
RC 27-Sep-16
Flintknocker 28-Sep-16
24-Sep-16
in stand waiting. smoke is with me today 120 yrs behind me beyond the alfalfa just into the corn a couple rows.

we have them surrounded. lol

24-Sep-16
AND?

24-Sep-16

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
I keep coming back to see some posts. Come on guys and girls. I need to see some posts. I'm living the 2016 5c hunt thru all u folks at it this year. Please start posting. Please! :) ed

Here a pix from last years (2015) chow line on Saturday light.

24-Sep-16
sorry guys. can't post from camp. no service in that hole

nothing this morning. pretty windy I saw one doe that was kinda freaked due to the wind

24-Sep-16
the last 2 nights when I came out there were deer in the Alf up hill from the truck. this morning I took my stand down and moved it for a play on this group

I'm now set up in the woods 60 yds from the field looking due east. field behind me to the west. I'm getting a n wind which is ok for this spot

24-Sep-16
it's very thick between me and the field in front of me it opens up a little with some mature trees. maples and poplar and an oak or 2. pretty good under story

24-Sep-16

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
in front of me

24-Sep-16

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
to my right ne

24-Sep-16

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
my left

24-Sep-16

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
Smoke and one of the farmers in the program

24-Sep-16
small buck out in front of me the devil deer. 2 mid size spikes that curve around slightly to the front

24-Sep-16

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
I'm out of tags

24-Sep-16
Way to go Bill.

I'll get the whole scoop tomorrow.

Congrats

Bsked

24-Sep-16
Thanks for posting and keeping me updated. .. Ed

24-Sep-16
Bill, that is why they issue so many...

To get used!!!

Great shooting.

24-Sep-16
That's a dink doe. I'd have passed on her:)

25-Sep-16
You may as well pass. Probably would miss anyway.

Nice doe Bill.

25-Sep-16
Shouldnt you be mashin down some meatballs there Guido?:))

Nice job folks! Totals please?

25-Sep-16
We got 8 does this year

25-Sep-16
We took 8 doe

25-Sep-16
We took 8 doe

25-Sep-16
Good job!

25-Sep-16
It was so good to see everyone. It was HOT. I thought yesterday morning would be better, but didn't expect to get my butt soaked. Wish I would have felt better this year. Trying to stay ahead of this lingering head-cold.

Was good to see brother Ed W.! I missed seeing Mr and Mrs. RC, Ed R. and a few others. We need another 6 hours in the middle of the day in order to hang with each other.

Congrat's to the successful hunters, and to Michael on his first bow-kill.

Thanks to Joe, Dan, Perry, Gary, Bob, Andy, Steve and Dick Koch, Deb Klinger, and any others that helped to organize this event. I truly appreciate it.

Good luck this year everyone!!!

26-Sep-16
Yup, it sure was cool seeing everyone again and I also enjoyed hanging out with Ed, hadn't seen him in awhile. Food was awesome at the pig roast and over in our camp.

I camped with McCracker, gene , Mike Foust, Roman and Ella, Great camping partners.

Them boys in 5C did a great job and a massive amount of work to pull that off, Great job guys and THANKS!

It was fun up there and certainly more open then down here in 5D. Makes for a more difficult hunt, lots of room for them to run. Great area!

Bill V

26-Sep-16
We hunted a lot of new farms this year. And after the first day total(6) we were ecstatic! Little surprised we only got one each on the next 2 days. But to be able to donate 8 deer to HSH and tell the landowners we got 6 from new properties, that was very rewarding!

I got to hunt with a nice young man from Wernersville who is new member. This will be his first full season of bowhunting and he scored by 6:30 day 1. Was nice to be able to help him gut and drag his deer out.

Thanks to ALL who made this a success again this year! Think we had even MORE food this year due to all the cooks in camp! And once again Steve and Dick did a great job "catering" as well as all the wives who helped out with the pigroast.

And it was a good thing Bill V came up this year, as he killed over a third of the deer himself! He's a stone-cold-killer that one! :)

The committee was talking over the course of the hunt and we all commented how this is a WIN-WIN-WIN situation for all involved! New folks coming out getting involved in UBP, some new hunters getting "mentored", HSH getting 8 deer to go to local foodbanks and landowners getting help with their deer problems.

Thanks to everyone that came out and supported this worthy cause in one way or another!

P.S. It was SO good to see Ed Wentzler and Dale Miller come out and support us, even if they could not hunt. Hopefully next year they will be able to fully participate!

26-Sep-16
I'm glad RC didn't show up. Just send Chris & the dog next year, I like them better & missed them this year.

Thanks to Steve for working his tail off for us. Thanks to all who put this together, especially Smoke for all the additional hunting opportunities.

It was great seeing everyone again, we're a nice family...maybe because we aren't related. Seemed like more kids in camp this year. Every one of them is a GREAT kid.

I'm very thankful for Ed Wentzler being there. I'm not in awe of very many people, he holds the top spot. I learn more about life & the world from spending 5 minutes with Ed than...

Did I say I'm glad RC wasn't there?

26-Sep-16
I gave Bill V a new nickname...Homicide.

26-Sep-16
Real nice MacQuacker... Rumor has it your lasagna sucked.

26-Sep-16
I'll let those who ate it, & there were quite a few who did, with multiple helpings, be the judge.

26-Sep-16
Prolly didn't wanna hurt your feelings.

26-Sep-16
Well, another 5C hunt has come to a close. Yesterday I got a text from Rut saying "maybe next year we should make it a week". He may not be too far off! We probably had at least 50% of hunters in camp and registered on Wednesday.

Spoke with Ed W. today, and he will not only be coming back and hunting with us, but he wants to work with the committee in regards to hunter recruitment. He told me that he was working on some other ideas on his three hour ride home. Those of you that know Ed, know that he would be a welcome addition.

As always, the committee was working on ideas and concepts for next years event as we were breaking camp. A big thanks goes out to all the guys who help bring this event together every year. Not only the dedicated committee, but everyone in camp had a hand in set up, break down and all the day to day chores and activities that make the event.

27-Sep-16
I was glad to hear Ed will be back, and excited that he will be recruiting! :)

I finally got some pics off my cell phone, so will post a few here.

27-Sep-16

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Here is a pic of the new BIG TENT we had this year, with the portable cooler in front of it and the meatpole where we weighed all the deer for the contest.

27-Sep-16

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Here is a better pic of the portable cooler. Sure glad we had it again this year! It is a great setup. It has shelves on the inside to the right of the door, keg of birchbeer was to the left and the rest of the floor was open for stacking deer. If you look close, you can see the tap sticking out the side under the word SEAFOOD. We kicked the keg at about 11am on Sunday while tearing down. : )

27-Sep-16

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Here is a pic of the fire on Friday nite. Believe it or not, there was no fuel or accelerant used! That is from the pizza boxes we used to start the fire.

27-Sep-16

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Our group passed this Redneck Chicken coop every day on our way back to park to hunt. It was in the backyard of the house next to the farm we were hunting. We chuckled every time we went by! : )

27-Sep-16
That looks like the same one MacQuacker has in his back yard...

27-Sep-16

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Bob MacQuacker

27-Sep-16

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo
Bob McArthur's embedded Photo
Roy Painter

27-Sep-16

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

28-Sep-16
YA'll Had the time of my life with you all. knew I would a couple days afore I left home. It was much akin to coming home after a very long journey. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with each of you, and I believe I go to visit with everyone? I'm still smiling and suspect it won't taper of much next time. Thank you ALL.

ed

• Sitka Gear