RC 26-Sep-16
DanWesson357 29-Sep-16
Thunderflight 29-Sep-16
Thunderflight 29-Sep-16
Metikki 29-Sep-16
Thunderflight 30-Sep-16
RC 30-Sep-16
26-Sep-16
Anyone ever use a predator call to call in a black bear?

The week before last I was in CO elk hunting. On day 3 we saw a small bear in the bottom of a drainage maybe 350 yards away. My friend had a bear tag and started bellowing likE a wounded calf.

The bear turned and literally ran to within 40 yards of us. My friend was getting rdy to shoot when we heard a bull clunking behind us. I tried to slip out after the bull and ended up scaring both the bear and elk off.

This got me thinking about trying to call in a bear during archery/gun season with a fawn distress or rabbit call. No electronic of course.

Anyone ever tried it?

26-Sep-16
No but I might try it in a couple weeks for Archery Bear in N.J.! ;-)

26-Sep-16
Check out the Bear Whisperer Blaine Anthony. He just did a show on calling with predator calls. It was amazing.

A most important note on that show. When they called, the bear immediately RAN to them. No matter how far away. When they stopped the bears would stop. Time and time again. If they stopped for say 5 minutes the bear would lose interest and go another way.

The Squealing just sets them off and there was no stopping the bears. But you must keep calling even after you see one.

26-Sep-16
I do it all the time.

29-Sep-16
NO but in 5B bears are in season the entire archery season and there have been a few bear sightings this summer in my hunting spot, I have a tag, I have my bow and I have a squeaker. If I see a bear and it is out of range, I am certainly going to give it a try. Also lots of coyotes around. Might try to shoot them suckers with flaming arrows.

29-Sep-16
Dalehajas,

I haven't seen the videos but I'll definitely check them out.

You are definitely correct that you can't stop calling and have to keep it up even if you see them.

29-Sep-16
RC,

Do you have much luck with it?

29-Sep-16
Chuck you're missed at the core:)

30-Sep-16
Sorry, I don't surf message boards like I used to... LOL

30-Sep-16
Sometimes.

• Sitka Gear