Woods Wise 15-Nov-16
kylet 15-Nov-16
PB in WI 16-Nov-16
Bradb76 16-Nov-16
grindersonly 23-Nov-16
MuskyBuck 23-Nov-16
Bowtech33 23-Nov-16
26-Sep-16
Seems like stuff is just in random threads. Post all those harvest pics and stories in here.

08-Oct-16

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
My nephews first deer! This buck came in just before dawn and fed up to within ten feet of the stand. He stayed that distance until legal shooting hours and my nephew made a perfect shot at ten feet. The deer dropped within 25 yds. His stepdad was his mentor/guide for this hunt.

08-Oct-16
Congratulations young hunter. Very nice photo as well.

08-Oct-16
Congrats!!! best ever is hunting kids

08-Oct-16
Awesome! How stoked was he?

08-Oct-16
He is super excited. I knew when my phone rang this morning it was him and he had good news. Hi quote went something like this, "uncle Shane, uncle Shane, I just killed a big ole buck! Can this be my spot from now on?" Of course my response was yes! They are coming down here next week for my sons football game and his stepdad is going to bring the head for me to do the euro mount for him. He's been tagging along with his stepdad here and there for the last couple of years and was with when Neil missed a monster drop tine 8 point last year. He was also with last year when his sister killed her first deer. He's going to be part of our bow hunting brotherhood as soon as he's strong enough to pull one back.

11-Oct-16
Congrats to your nephew. How exciting!

11-Oct-16
Awesome, Congrats!

11-Oct-16

Screwball's embedded Photo
My Granddaughter, Her biological male parent is anti-hunting. So this is even more special that she loves this sport. She is a great shot. Came in walked past us, he was going to leave, perfect shot. Went 20 yards. Oh and she is Packer fan when he is a vikings fan. After this took her to the game Sunday night. Nice birthday for her!

11-Oct-16
Awesome! Pass on Congrats Screwball!

11-Oct-16

G-Man's embedded Photo
G-Man's embedded Photo
My son took his first buck on Saturday. He was super excited about it.

11-Oct-16
Congrats G-man! Screwball- youre doing a dang good job teachung her despite the odd genes she has on one side!

11-Oct-16
Congrats to both young hunters! Well done!!!

11-Oct-16

11-Oct-16

>>>--arrow1-->'s embedded Photo
The fronts seconds and thirds are over 20 inches.
The fronts seconds and thirds are over 20 inches.
After 3 years I drew a special unit Montana archery tag. 6 x7, green score 367, 60 yds

11-Oct-16
Arrow 1 Congratulations! WOW, Bull of a lifetime.

11-Oct-16

Novice's embedded Photo
Novice's embedded Photo
Congratulations to all (youth and adult. ) Nice work. My hunting partner finally connected on a deer, after 5 years of trying with the bow. Got this opening weekend Sunday evening. Couldn’t be more proud. His dedication and patience have impressed me.

12-Oct-16
Arrow 1 - WOW! The trophy of a lifetime! Congratulations. The only problem with something like this is that it is hard to top! Yeah, we all should have such problems! Once again, nice going and congrats.!

12-Oct-16
Sounds like Screwball is not impressed with his granddaughters "biological male parent!"

12-Oct-16
Good job everybody and great bull Arrow1, congrats!

12-Oct-16
Arrow, beautiful bull, congrats!!

12-Oct-16

badgers19's embedded Photo
badgers19's embedded Photo
My first deer with my bow! She's not a monster, but a nice doe nonetheless and will provide my wife and I with food for a few months!

12-Oct-16
Congrats to everyone.

Great Bull arrow!

12-Oct-16
Congratulations badger 19. Always good to get the first one under your belt! Way to go!

12-Oct-16
You will always remember your first!

12-Oct-16
Wisconsin Bowhunter, I will not share details but lets just say there are justifiable reasons I feel the way I do. Very proud of my daughter and her children. Some people don't deserve to be called Dad or Father. Lets not digress any further from this page though. Congratulations to all.

12-Oct-16
Thanks everyone! I have been bow hunting for 3 years now and missed the first two that I had shot at (aimed too high, poor form, etc), so it was quite the relief to finally connect. Fortunately, this one was at 10-15 yards and would have taken a major mistake to miss vitals. Here's to hoping a buck will present the same opportunity! Good luck and be safe to everyone this season!

13-Oct-16
Congrats everyone! i wish I could rotate the pic of my nephew at the top of the page but I don't have an edit button anymore.

13-Oct-16
Congrats to all, especially the new hunters.

Keep 'em coming.

13-Oct-16

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Entry is high, but I was about 35 feet above her. Took out her heart at a steep angle
Entry is high, but I was about 35 feet above her. Took out her heart at a steep angle
Exit. Slightly quartering to me
Exit. Slightly quartering to me
This doe was bred 3 minutes earlier by a 6 point yearling. That is the earliest I've ever seen breeding. He chased her for 30 minutes before she submitted. That was not expected for sure!?

13-Oct-16

Not intended? Sorry, please delete.

13-Oct-16

Sorry, moderator please delete post 2,3, and 4

13-Oct-16

16-Oct-16

GVS's embedded Photo
GVS's embedded Photo
I finally connected on a Door county turkey this past weekend.

17-Oct-16

Buckiller's embedded Photo
Buckiller's embedded Photo

18-Oct-16

Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Had my 6 yr old in a ground blind for 6 hours until the deer showed up. Wouldn't have shot on my own. But the memory will last a lifetime! Glad he got to experience from start to finish.

19-Oct-16

Browning3's embedded Photo
Browning3's embedded Photo
First 2 kills of 2016 for our group of 4. Shot last Saturday the 15th. I shot the big one and it turned out to be dry. They were really putting on the feedbag last week. Big bucks also starting to hit traditional scrapes at night. Got a legitimate 200+ incher on camera opening a scrape.

19-Oct-16
200 inches. Picture!

19-Oct-16
Reggiezpop - is your boy wearing a game camera necklace? Circa Flava Flav?

19-Oct-16
Pete-pec, Check your private messages.

19-Oct-16
@amoebus, that's the thermacell. He was trying to keep the skeeters off the deer! Yeah, we played a lot of interesting games that afternoon!!!

26-Oct-16

Elkaddict's embedded Photo
Elkaddict's embedded Photo
From high, to low, and back high. Pure emotion. My son's first elk hunt. As always, public land, DIY. September 13th he came in to the Bugling Bull Threat and the Estrous Excited reed.

26-Oct-16
Great job Elkaddict.

Hooked forever I am sure.

26-Oct-16
Congrtas Son on your first of many Elk !!!

26-Oct-16

CoachT's embedded Photo
CoachT's embedded Photo
I got the perfect conditions yesterday morning to sit in a new spot i moved to a couple weeks ago. Saw two smaller bucks move thru the tall grass in the distance before this guy came out from the woods behind me at 745. He was on his way to work a scrape. He had to pass me by to do so though. Double lunged him at 8 yds. He went about 100 yds. My biggest in 6 years and i couldn't be happier!

26-Oct-16
Congratulations Coach T! A very nice buck!

27-Oct-16

Jeff in MN's Link
This is the buck I shot in Minnesota on 9/24/16. The full story and more pictures are in the 'send me some luck' thread at the link I provided in this post.

Short story, this buck chased 2 doe past me. I can called thinking it would not work but maybe it did because 5 minutes later (about 6:00 PM) the doe came my way and brought him with her. 30 yard shot but I was not sure of the hit and after seeing the arrow and no more than 20 yards of tracking the blood trail told me liver hit so I researched the weather report and went home to sleep. Took the trail up at 4:00AM and found him around 5:00AM.

27-Oct-16

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Guess it would help if I included the picture.

The tuft of hair out of place behind the shoulder a ways is the entry hole. Exit is about 2" lower than the entry.

29-Oct-16
Heck of a day today, glad to be back home with the meat in the fridge.

29-Oct-16
Congrats Cheetah!

29-Oct-16
Nice buck Cheetah, lets hear a little of the story when you get time. Congrats.

29-Oct-16
Thanks Guys. I was hunting public land in the NW part of the state and he came through chasing four does. The does ran through hard and I heard him grunting further back. They were all about 80yd out and I grunted loud with my mouth and he came my way to check me out for some reason. I shot him at 20yd and found him about 100yd away. Biggest deer I have ever shot and I never considered getting one mounted before but this one is at the taxidermist now.

29-Oct-16
Cheetah that is a stud! Congrats man I bet you are pumped. Did you realize he was that big when you were getting ready for the shot? Did you get "the shakes" I would have.

29-Oct-16
I love it when they have pine tar in their brow and forehead. Nice deer!

29-Oct-16

Cheetah8799's embedded Photo
Cheetah8799's embedded Photo
Re-posting the pic of the deer.

30-Oct-16
Nice deer everyone.

31-Oct-16

deadeye's embedded Photo
I shot him from this side
deadeye's embedded Photo
I shot him from this side
deadeye's embedded Photo
deadeye's embedded Photo
deadeye's embedded Photo
deadeye's embedded Photo
Late Report from Friday AM 10/28/16- Kewaunee County

Rattled and Grunted this guy around 9:20am on Friday morning. Was about to leave cause i didn't see anything all morning and then I started a very loud and aggressive rattle/grunt sequence that lasted about 6-7 mins and 2 mins later he came in view.

He kept looking and I just kept letting smalls grunts out in the opposite direction and he kept circling around until he finally came in my lane. He couldn't circle downwind of my cause he would have had to go into the field to wind me so it ended up being a 15 yard shot and a 20 yard recovery!! I'm very pleased

Added a front pic..but can't seem to rotate any pics other than the first one??

31-Oct-16
Gorgeous buck, Cheetah! I love those milk-chocolate tines!

05-Nov-16

awh302's embedded Photo
awh302's embedded Photo
This thread slowed down, what happened? Here's a northern Illinois buck to fire this thread up.

05-Nov-16

Spot and stalk in the breaks as the deer move out of the alfalfa fields.
Spot and stalk in the breaks as the deer move out of the alfalfa fields.
Deer populations SUCK in Ashland and Iron co. so back to Montana

05-Nov-16

ELK ELSEWHERE's embedded Photo
ELK ELSEWHERE's embedded Photo
Last Saturday night

05-Nov-16
I finally made the effort to hunt Iowa. As it turned out I couldn't have scripted a better hunt all the way around. After a few close encounters i connected on fine 9 pt. A solid double lung hit and he was down in seconds.  photo DSCN0373.jpg

05-Nov-16
My buddy deserves mention here for a great hit with his first selfbow. This deer only went 20yds after crashing into two trees.

photo DSCN0397.jpg

06-Nov-16
Looks like you had a good time GVS. Congrats to both of you.

06-Nov-16

Congrats on all the nice deer! Wisconsinites getting it done again! I love the recurve and longbow kills. I'm going to make the switch after I kill a p@y with the compound. I'll add mine even though it's just a doe and I used a compound. She came in on our last night ten min before dark. I was able to make a perfect 15 yd shot. Tucked it right behind her armpit and it exited in front of her off shoulder. Took out lung and top of heart. 75 yd death run down a hill and she tipped over.

07-Nov-16

This turkey picture is not the picture I posted. The following one with the deer is what should have shown up here.
This turkey picture is not the picture I posted. The following one with the deer is what should have shown up here.
I posted this in the buckthorn thread and then realized this was probably a better place to post it.

I made a trip to my land in Manitowoc county to treat buckthorn. I stopped to see a neighbor when I got there, while there he got a call from a friend that had shot an 8 pointer and tracked it to my land using a tracking dog. The guy that shot it was wondering if the guy I was with knew how to get ahold of me. Incredible that I was there to say he could go on my land for it. He came in from my side without the dog, walked over toward where he gave up the track, found it laying right in the walking trail on my land and finished it off. Then he went home to get the tracking dog so the dog would experience the kill site. He was one happy bow hunter that he found and got it. He had shot it on his land and this is the first deer he shot on his land. Very courteous and respecting hunter. He said he would be dropping off a case of my favorite beer tomorrow. I gave him permission to enter my land anytime that a deer he or his wife shoots heads my way.

07-Nov-16
Jeff, and that's how it's supposed to be done....by both of you. Well done!

07-Nov-16
thats a happy ending you don't always hear in this situation. Way to handle that!

07-Nov-16

wishunter's embedded Photo
wishunter's embedded Photo
Shot this one on Saturday 11/5. All happened in less than 8 seconds from the time I seen him to the shot at 7:20 am. Hit him too far back, no blood trail, backed out for four hours. Jumped him where I last saw him. Backed out again for another four hours. Found him bedded and put one in his neck. Recovered at 5:30 pm. Ended hitting one lung and guts. Persistent and patience pays off!

07-Nov-16
Wishunter, you done good and did it right. It takes experience to know what to do and how to do it when things do not go perfect. Or brains enough to realize you are in over your capabilities and find someone experienced for advice and/or help.

08-Nov-16

Live2hunt's embedded Photo
Live2hunt's embedded Photo
Well, I started with the recurve last year, but ended up taking my buck with my compound. This year I made a promise to hold the recurve only for the hunt. I about gave up on my year because of family stuff, weather, and lack of deer sign. That all changed Sunday morning. The doe came in minutes after legal shooting time and I needed meat for the freezer. At 10 yards I focused on her shoulder and let fly. I knew the hit was lethal and I had my first traditional bow kill. To make a long story short, I did a number of grunting and rattling sequences and a 6 pointer showed but spooked. After some more grunting and rattling, this 8 point showed. He came in and did not present a good shot. He left and I roared at him, then raked the horns on my tree. He came back in and presented about a 25 yard shot. I focused again on the front shoulder and let fly. The arrow went like it was in slow motion and sunk in where I was focused. I knew that buck was down also. Two deer, one morning with a recurve, totally instinctive. Words cannot describe what was going through me. A truly memorable hunt.

08-Nov-16
Nice Job Live2hunt. Good story about the hunt too.

08-Nov-16
Way to get it done the hard way!!! Congratulations John!!

08-Nov-16

Tri-County's embedded Photo
At a scrape on Sunday morning. Killed him that evening a couple 40s away.
At a scrape on Sunday morning. Killed him that evening a couple 40s away.
Arrowed this guy Sunday evening. He came into a mock scrape post in the center of a food plot, was the 4th buck to hit the scrape. Hadn't had him on camera till the day before I got him.

08-Nov-16

Helgermite's MOBILE embedded Photo
Helgermite's MOBILE embedded Photo

Iowa county Saturday 11/5. I saw this buck from a different Stand the night before when he walked by me at 40 yards limping while following a doe. I made up my mind if he offered a me shot, I would try and take him. I decided to use my climber at a location about 200 yds away overlooking a pond. I was set up by noon, even though the wind was wrong it seemed like the night before it didn't matter. Throughout the afternoon I saw several deer down wind of me leaving the area. With about 10 minutes left before the end of shooting time, I started to gather my gear when a smaller buck chased a small doe by me on the ridge above my stand. So I decided to stick out the last few minutes. With just 2 minutes shooting time left I saw another deer coming down the ridge to the pond. It was the limping buck from the night before. At 20 yds I drew back. I remember aligning my sight guard to my peep and relaxing my grip on the bow. The next thing I knew the lighted nock was streaking to his vitals. I hit right where I was looking. He ran about 40 yds without any noticeable limp, climbed about 10 yds up the opposite ridge and fell over. Then I started shaking. Man I love this stuff!

08-Nov-16
Awesome story and great buck!

09-Nov-16

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo
Guy I know got this big lady yesterday. A good 7-8 feet from tips of toes to snout.

09-Nov-16
The storied headless hunter!

09-Nov-16
He's in the witness protection program....not really :) This was a 30 yard shot after passing on some other does. She had a smaller one with her that kept kicking her in the head across a field (elder abuse). A few weeks before this a nice buck collided with his truck and did a good amount of damage from front all the way back. That truck of his is a dang animal magnet.

10-Nov-16

Dutchd's embedded Photo
Dutchd's embedded Photo
First archery buck. Called him in. (First time i've had that work)

11-Nov-16

My son took this guy yesterday morning. Four big guys came in chasing a doe and this guy busted out of the trees at only a few yards. We where hunting from the ground. 6 yard shot. My sons first buck! My phone died an he had to go to school so I took a few pics once I got him home before I butchered him. We are going to do the euro mount on sat afternoon.

11-Nov-16
Wow!! Great stuff Fletch!! Congrats on what looked like an awesome season.

11-Nov-16
Very cool fletch! That was a massive entry hole at the end of the video. What broad head did you use?

11-Nov-16
Very nice filming fletch...as well as great encounters with great deer!! I would like to know what equipment you use to film as well as arrow/broad head specs and the distance of the shot.

11-Nov-16

glunker's embedded Photo
glunker's embedded Photo
Tagged this buck Wed morning while he followed a doe. 5th and largest buck of the morning. Went 70 yards.

11-Nov-16

Frosty's embedded Photo
Frosty's embedded Photo
Frosty's embedded Photo
Rattled him in tonight at about 4:15
Frosty's embedded Photo
Rattled him in tonight at about 4:15
Frosty's embedded Photo
Frosty's embedded Photo
Finally got the buck I been hunting all year, was currently biggest on camera , made a bad shot as he was on the move when I shot but manage to jump him up an stick him again while I was looking for my arrow , 11 pointer 17 inch spread

13-Nov-16

Kdog's embedded Photo
Kdog's embedded Photo
1st Wisconsin deer from Grant County. Grew up in Wisconsin, but started hunting when I moved to Texas in 2004. This is my 3rd season bow hunting up there, and was finally able to connect!

13-Nov-16
Congratulations!

13-Nov-16
Nice deer to all. Still on my mission.

14-Nov-16

bowhuntndoug's embedded Photo
bowhuntndoug's embedded Photo
Broke in the bow. Last year it was new and all season I never took it off the bow hanger.

15-Nov-16

grossklw's embedded Photo
grossklw's embedded Photo
Not often you get two chances at the same buck. I hit this guy too far forward on an quartering away shot only 5 yards from the tree on 11/4, I knew right away I rushed the shot and recovering him was not possible. I did get pics of him the following day working a scrape so I figured he was going to be "ok".

Fast forward to last Saturday night and right at last light I could hear limping and coming up over the ridge sure enough there he was. I didn't miss this time and double lunged him at 15 yards, went another 50 yards and piled up. Not going to score a ton, but I do not care, he's 20 inches wide, dressed out at 210 (that's with him losing weight over the previous week with his wound as well), and was aged at 4.5 yrs/old a mature deer in my book. Been my best archery season of my life, shot a P&Y elk in WY as well as my best bow-buck to date as well.

15-Nov-16
grossklw ...... I'd shoot that buck every year if he passed by my bowstand, I don't care what he scores, he is a beauty. Congrats

15-Nov-16
Way to stick with it grossklw! Congrats, that is a nice buck.

15-Nov-16

Woods Wise's embedded Photo
Pine Creek Prince
Woods Wise's embedded Photo
Pine Creek Prince
Have been hunting the last 3 weeks mostly on weekends with not much seen thinking it's the warmer weather. My son did get lucky last weekend on this beautiful 8 PT. He took a shot at 40 paces and got lucky hitting one lung and the heart. My bow hunting is on hold until late season but I am geared up for the opener of gun hoping for cooler weather.

15-Nov-16

kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
11/6

16-Nov-16
Fletch, it is amazing that those bucks came in with the loud music playing. I am going to have to try that next year.

16-Nov-16

Bradb76's embedded Photo
Bradb76's embedded Photo
Got This deer in Lincoln County on Veterans Day

23-Nov-16

grindersonly's embedded Photo
11-9-16 8 pt. 18.5 wide. dressed 211. gross 140. neck was 31 inches on the hair, 27 on the meat after caped. taxidermist said it was the largest neck hes ever seen.

23-Nov-16
Nice going everyone!

23-Nov-16

Bowtech33's embedded Photo
Bowtech33's embedded Photo
Got this guy on Veterans Day. Moved to the new area end of July. So was behind the game going into fall. So I couldn't pass him up. Still learning this farm country.

• Sitka Gear