Ro40c 09-Oct-16
air leak 09-Oct-16
grizzlyadam 09-Oct-16
air leak 09-Oct-16
bb 09-Oct-16
26-Sep-16

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
In my hunting area the mosquitos are ferocious. Going out scouting I came back looking like a cheetah. I had done some research online and came across the thermacell. It has great reviews online and I have only heard great things about the product. I decided to buy one and took it out with me. Put the pad in and butane in. It continuously smoked lightly the whole time it was on. Also I could smell it clear as day. I'm not sure what to think but I did have it on once when deer came in and they didn't pick me off. Thoughts??

26-Sep-16
I have one. Think they do there job. Never had any deer spook from it. They also have earth scent pads. Good cover scent

27-Sep-16
don't leave home without it !!!!!!!!!!!

27-Sep-16
I'd never hunt early season without one.

27-Sep-16
Eat burritos the night before

27-Sep-16
So not me your saying no?? Have you had any experience with using one

27-Sep-16
Buy it. Well worth it.

27-Sep-16
Mosquitoes bad...thermacell good. I haven't needed it yet this season, but warm humid days and you almost can't hunt without it.

27-Sep-16
Notme is pulling your leg .LOL I hunted Canada were the bugs carried you away the thermacell works ask Dave what happened to him when he let the fuel run out he was eaten alive. Steve

27-Sep-16
I've never used them in a hunting situation but have used them when fishing estuaries...and then somebody would always sing,there's a skeeter on my peter whack it off whack it off....lol

27-Sep-16
Oh boy. First we had the Johnson song to wash from our brains and now we have the skeeter song.

27-Sep-16
LMFAO..

27-Sep-16
Absolutely positively YES!! They also have an earth scent which smells exactly like dirt.

28-Sep-16
I agree with everybody here. Been using them for years. I use it all the time hunting or not. Can't stand the sprays like off ect.

28-Sep-16
I hunt mostly wetlands,swamps & river bottoms. Haven't turned mine on in two years.

09-Oct-16
I can't speak to if the scent effects getting winded or not. I bought mine last year and never needed it until today. I got in the stand and for the first 10 minutes was swarmed with mosquitos. I fired up the thermacell and after 5 minutes I didn't see another mosquito for my 5 hour sit. Gonna pick up the dirt scented pads just to be safe but the thing worked like magic out there today.

09-Oct-16
Great for spring turkey. So far this deer season, I haven't had the need to turn mine on and use it.

Don't worry if the deer can and/or smell the Thermacell.

If the deer smell the Thermacell, the deer can smell you.

09-Oct-16
True, but more often than not the odor coming off the thermacell is far stronger than the odor coming off of me. I have definitely had deer smell it and spook.

09-Oct-16
Grizzly, there isn't any way to know if the deer spooked from the Thermacell smell or your human smell.

That is why I don't worry while using it.

09-Oct-16
I wouldn't worry about the smell, if the deer can smell it, they can smell you. That's far worse.

• Sitka Gear