wvmule 28-Sep-16
gobbler 28-Sep-16
Babysaph 28-Sep-16
gobbler 28-Sep-16
Babysaph 29-Sep-16
gobbler 29-Sep-16
Babysaph 29-Sep-16
26-Sep-16
They are finding dead deer everywhere in Logan Co, in the Sharples area. Calling it blue tongue.

27-Sep-16
Same in Pendleton and Grant counties. I talked to a farmer that found over 60. You won't hear about it though. Pretty hush hush .

27-Sep-16
I have friends in Pendleton , and they have been finding them dead since about middle of August..all around water sources .....and everytime, multiple deer..

27-Sep-16
Yea Otis that is what I hear also. Around the water

27-Sep-16
I read on another site that they were calling the deer kill in Logan EHD? Which is it? BT or EHD?

God Bless

28-Sep-16
We have had some outbreaks of EHD(epizootic hemorrhagic disease) , some people call it bluetongue generically. Both are viruses transmitted by midge species. They are so similar that testing can be difficult. In the end it really doesn't matter because you end up with a lot of dead deer in localized areas either way.

As dry as it's been a lot of water supplies have dried up and deer will concentrate around available water sources and if there are midges around those water sources then a lot of deer get infected and a high percentage end up dead. Unfortunately, a lot of mature bucks( if there are any in that area) wind up dead.

28-Sep-16
Will this affect the elk plans?

28-Sep-16
Probably not. After the first frost the threat from the midges is usually gone.

28-Sep-16
I thought they already stocked the elk. I think I remember pics of guys on here building the fences.

28-Sep-16
Building holding pens.

29-Sep-16
yea that was it. Have they been stocked? Any idea when that will happen?

29-Sep-16
Not yet. Plan is to get them some time between Nov. and Jan. Hold them for a month to make sure they are ok and to test their blood. If everything is ok then will be released after 1 month.

29-Sep-16
Wow that is neat.

• Sitka Gear