skookumjt 29-Sep-16
skookumjt 29-Sep-16
Cheesehead Mike 29-Sep-16
JRW 29-Sep-16
skookumjt 29-Sep-16
Cheesehead Mike 30-Sep-16
Per48R 30-Sep-16
29-Sep-16
Are there any web sites available that a person can look up property boundaries? MY buddy and I are going to check out a new hunting property and would like to know where the property lines are.

29-Sep-16
On x maps do. Well worth the money. Load it in your gps and look at the boundaries as you walk them.

29-Sep-16
On x hunting app along with hunt stand

29-Sep-16
I hate paying for apps but get OnX maps, it's unreal

29-Sep-16
Most county websites have that feature on their GIS system and they are free and much more current than the apps are. In addition, most use leaf off air photos which are much more valuable than the NAIP photos used by the apps which are leaf on.

29-Sep-16
http://www.wisconsin-wi.com/wisconsin-gis-maps.html

29-Sep-16

Browning3's Link
Huntstand.com

There is a checkbox to enable showing the property boundaries and it will show the owners name. It's also free. There is a mobile app that will sync to the website as well.

http://www.huntstand.com/

29-Sep-16
My friend who is a county surveyer turned me into the county GIS mapping. No need for an app in WI.

29-Sep-16

Cheesehead Mike's Link
Here you go... it's free and it's what this County Surveyor uses.

29-Sep-16
The county GIS web site, will show all property boundries for free. You need to either know the address or zoom in on the county map. Search on your county name and GIS.

29-Sep-16
Just asking. Does the GIS map allow you to view where you are on the map? WIth OnxMaps you can use your phone and it shows you right where you are which is VERY nice. YEs I know that it's not accurate enough for surveying but it's pretty darn close.

29-Sep-16
Generally, yes. It depends on the County.

29-Sep-16
Be aware that there is always some level of error with any site. Sometimes they are near perfect, sometimes not so much. Use them for general reference only!

29-Sep-16
Zinger, if I understand your question I would say no. It's just a map/aerial photo you are looking at online and it doesn't know where you are looking at it from. You could be sitting at your computer 100's of miles away looking at it over the internet and the site does not know where you are and does not plot your position.

29-Sep-16
The county GIS maps are great and reasonably close to correct.

29-Sep-16
Cheesehead-most of the county GIS systems do work with your phones GPS and show where you are on the map

30-Sep-16
skookumjt,

I didn't realize that, thanks for the info.

30-Sep-16
Another option is a GPS and a site like www.gpsdepot.com. They have FREE maps of public land for most of the country. Not perfect, but I have used for several years. Like it better then my paid public land map. Seems more accurate. And of course, I give the boundaries room for error.

• Sitka Gear