EmbryOklahoma 04-Oct-16
Deone H 04-Oct-16
Quailhunter 04-Oct-16
RichCranium 04-Oct-16
EmbryOklahoma 05-Oct-16
01-Oct-16
Hello Oklahoma,

I am not seeking specifics, BUT.....

My brother is going to be in OKC for the next 5 years so I will be traveling to see him several times I year.

Is there some decent hunting within reasonable to to OKC? I'd like to try pigs with him some time when I come to visit.

A guy in Cabelas told me there was public or state owned land available??

(I do have awesome Kansas access for trade for the right situation)

Thanks! Deone from Kansas

02-Oct-16
Public,,Lexington and Thunderbird look into those

03-Oct-16
Thank you comando!

03-Oct-16
Shilo Ranch for pigs. They are a sponsor here.

04-Oct-16
Lake thunderbird gets a lot of traffic but there's a lot of deer to be had. Really good when the neighboring private land gun/black powder hunters get out in the field. I've killed quite a few deer there and you don't have to go far from the roads, believe me.

04-Oct-16
I'm really not interested in deer but hogs for sure and quail possibly for my brother and I. I am truly not interested in getting something for nothing. I do have some great Kansas access if someone would want trade some hunting.

04-Oct-16
Well if you want to quail hunt, hit those WMAs out west. Birds are back and there are deer on those WMAs as well. Some parts of western OK are as good as they have ever been.

04-Oct-16
Lake Arcadia is the closest to OKC I have found. you have to put in for a week of hunting out there but there are white tail present in huntable numbers.

05-Oct-16
I'd go to Shiloh ranch if you really want an opportunity at a hog for you and your brother. It's a couple hours SE of OKC, near Ada. Good luck with your quest.

• Sitka Gear