bucktail 07-Oct-16
Rob in VT 07-Oct-16
VTslinger 12-Oct-16
ronsoutdoors 12-Oct-16
greenmountain 14-Oct-16
ronsoutdoors 21-Oct-16
Steve Leffler 29-Oct-16
01-Oct-16
Just wondering how it's going for everyone so far. I saw 1 doe this afternoon and that was it all day. Acorns are falling and the camera tells me they're around but apparently in hiding.

02-Oct-16
same here one doe only so far already moved one stand closer to where they are feeding on the nuts

02-Oct-16
Had 4 deer bust me just as I got to my spot,sat down sweeting from the 45 min walk so left my hat, my face mask off and gloves to cool down looked to my right and there they where,an hour later had a nice long beard at 15 yards was just ready to take the shot and spotted a 6 pointer at about 80 yds ,he also had a doe with him.after watching them feed for a half hr the doe wandered off the buck bedded down with his head and most of his body behind a big maple.Well after 2hrs said I was going to try to make something happen so I closed the distance to 35 yds when I saw the doe stand but she was looking the other way soon the buck got up they both feed for another half hour within 35 yds then they worked there way down the ridge just never presented a good shot with the brush so the lived to give me some excitement next the next time around.so all and all had a good morning

03-Oct-16

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
Took a nice buck Sat AM. 10 yard shot, 150 yard recovery. 8pt, 152.5lbs totally cleaned, 16.5" inside spread. Taken in Plainfield.

04-Oct-16
way to go Rob, hope it was near one of your food plots

04-Oct-16
He was in it chowing down Ron :)

04-Oct-16

A cool pic of him the night before the season.

04-Oct-16
Congrats! Nice buck.

05-Oct-16
Congrats Rob! Great deer

05-Oct-16
Nice Buck Rob,Congrats!!

05-Oct-16
thats awesome you deserve that for the work you do for them .

06-Oct-16
Thanks everyone. It was a thrill to take my best VT buck with a bow.

07-Oct-16
That is a beautiful deer.

07-Oct-16
Nice deer and nice plot. What do you have growing in your plot?

07-Oct-16
I have several plots. I like to use oats, brassica, winter peas, and sometimes wheat for my annual plots. I usually mix up a combination of seed or sometimes stick with one.

12-Oct-16

VTslinger's embedded Photo
VTslinger's embedded Photo
Tagged a doe this morning. It was only the 2nd deer I've seen from the stand after 9 trips out. Not a monster but I'm happy to get some venison.

12-Oct-16
great job Slinger, I had a first fro me tonight twin button bucks feeding on acorns under me .the first time in my many years to see two pretty cool

14-Oct-16
I have yet to see a deer. I smelled one last week but he/she stayed just out of sight. I got busted on Saturday when the deer smelled me I assume. They blew again just out of sight.

21-Oct-16
anyone seeing any changes out there .any buck activity ? I havent been out all week and the weekend doesnt sound great although cold be good stalking or scouting weather. will be headed to Ohio mid next week and know some others will be doing same safe travels and good luck to all

29-Oct-16
It was a slow season for me. I did start seeing some deer in the last week but none in range. Not sure why. For the first 3 weeks I wasn't even getting trail cam pics. It picked up this week. Yesterday morning I had a 4 pointer walk right under a ladder stand but I was sitting 75 yards away in the wrong stand. Hopefully he will be around for my son during rifle season. Good luck everyone.

• Sitka Gear