spike78 04-Oct-16
Wild Bill 06-Oct-16
Beginer 07-Oct-16
Beginer 07-Oct-16
Beginer 07-Oct-16
Wild Bill 09-Oct-16
shawnm 12-Oct-16
02-Oct-16
Never hunting before, only took bow hunting class and got crossbow from cablela. Would you someone teach me how to hunt? I live at new london county. Thanks lot!!!

02-Oct-16
Why do you want to hunt?

02-Oct-16
Great question wb

03-Oct-16
If your about 25, female, and a nypho, I'll spend some time wit ya. ;)

03-Oct-16
Bill I like outdoor activities especially fishing. Never had chances to hunting. My name is Steve and born in 70s and male, Asian, like to learn and try to find hunting mentor, of course like to make any kind race friends. Thanks.

03-Oct-16
Hell at this point I don't care if your the 400+LB rhubarb pie eating champ of miniola park...i got flour....lol.....i don't think that's what wild bill is asking bud..

03-Oct-16
Beginer

I think what Bill was asking is what do you want to get out of hunting? Just want to kill an animal, any animal? Or, do you want to learn about nature and soak in all of it's beauty and don't care if you kill anything or not? Or, do you need the food? Somewhere in-between those mentioned?

Other guys are just having some fun with the comments, so get used to that on the site.

03-Oct-16
I would but we are too far and I'm out of the game in injured reserve.

One question, why crossbow and not a bow?

03-Oct-16
Do you have a place to hunt or are you hunting public property?

Say you have 25 private acres and you'll have 50 new friends trying to teach you.

03-Oct-16
I'll be your new race friend if your buying. I gots 50 yrs worth of teaching ….Grasshopper

03-Oct-16
25 acres of private land? Hello my name is Chuck Adams nice to meet you.

04-Oct-16
Sorry I don't have 25 acres land. Maybe just want to experience new sport kind, taste the wonder of nature and ancient cave man life, or little bit everything. Thanks!

04-Oct-16
Ctcrow crossbow is easy for me.

04-Oct-16

04-Oct-16

04-Oct-16
Begin, just kidding. If you have any questions just ask them and you will get answers.

06-Oct-16
"Maybe just want to experience new sport kind, taste the wonder of nature and ancient cave man life, or little bit everything."

That's cool.

First of all, shooting and hunting are two different diciplines. You must be proficient with your choice of weapon, which requires much practice. Then, and only then, could you consider shooting at live game.

Hunting involves learning about the game you want to take. Their habits, like travel patterns, food sources and behavior particular to their species, will show you when and where to be, to get your shot.

If you want to learn about deer, I would suggest you subscribe to Deer and Deer Hunting magazine. In a three year span of time, the stories and articles should take you completely through the life cycle and habits of deer. Also, hunting technique and methods are described there. Deer biologist Charles Alshiemer has written good books you can also learn from. After a study of this sort, you may know more than some of the other hunters out in the woods. They hunt, but may be minus details that could improve their chances.

Keep in touch, here on the forum. Good hunting, Bill

07-Oct-16
Bill thanks lot for your information. It will be nice to see you hunting in person if possible. Books and magazines are only in paper which is much different from real hunting.

07-Oct-16
Bill thanks lot for your information. It will be nice to see you hunting in person if possible. Books and magazines are only in paper which is much different from real hunting.

07-Oct-16

09-Oct-16

Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Wild Bill's embedded Photo
See me hunting? Real hunting? In the photo I am sitting in my best location, waiting for any deer to step in range of my gear. I've hunted this property for the last fifteen years. My stand location has changed several times and for different reasons. My first change was in the second year, as I recognized that most of my deer sightings were uphill of my location. The second change had to do with another travel path I noticed the deer using. I again moved because the tree I had been in was dying/dead.

When I'm not hunting this property, my other locations are based on topography or sign. I prefer funnels with sign.

12-Oct-16
Wow.. That's all I can say. I thought this site was to help people and give positive feedback to other hunters. Now I know why there's absolutely no new people on this site. Who needs an old rotten man with worn down junk camo talking shit. One bad apple can ruin the bunch and that's exactly what is happening here. The poor guy won even come back on and repost.. Sorry beginner and hopefully you find some real help on another site.

• Sitka Gear