spike78 11-Oct-16
Somersbow 12-Oct-16
drslyr 12-Oct-16
Ungie01201 26-Oct-16
Test Man 28-Oct-16
03-Oct-16
Not bad at all! What a dandy. Congrats!

03-Oct-16
Pat, congrats! Awsome buck. One question though...what are you going to do for the rest of the season! ? Haha only kidding of course. Did you have that buck pin-pointed down pretty well going into the opener? Good work!

03-Oct-16
Congratulations, really nice buck!

03-Oct-16
Congratulations! Awesome buck for that part of the World.

03-Oct-16
Congrats on a great buck. That food plot looks amazing too.

04-Oct-16
Nice deer and pic!

04-Oct-16
Nice deer and photo.

04-Oct-16
Fantastic deer Pat. If we could only get the neighbors to stop shooting everything that walks we could have em like that too. But NY DEC and no antler restrictions……. Have about given up here in 8t Every yr an occasional monsta passes thru during the rut but they get pounded.

Most of the local camps the guys are getting too old to hunt or sick, myself included. If i can just hang on a few more yrs………………

Pat when can we see the video of this behemoth catching an arrow as I know that you too love filming almost as much as hunting. As a matter of fact you're the one who helped me shorten my learning curve with your article on filming your own hunts here on the bow site a few yrs. back!

05-Oct-16
Nice buck!! Congrats! Some counties do have antler restrictions and it is starting to show. Pat, I was thinking 3.5.It would be nice to know for sure. Body sounds 4.5 though. Shawn

05-Oct-16
Congratulations Pat! That is Great NY Buck! You say you have 6 weeks left to fill your 2nd tag. I thought your regular season tag is not good to the gun season starts? I know in places like Suffolk County you can use regular season tag to take another buck.

05-Oct-16
Gorgeous Buck. Pat....Mad Dog

06-Oct-16
Awesome... way to get it done early Pat!!

So I know you have a lot of time and money invested in your property and I'm sure it was a good investment, but I have a question. Did you look at any WNY properties before you settled on the Oneida county land?

I cut my teeth hunting in Oswego county town of mexico right by the lake and after moving to western ny, I've seen and experienced a night and day difference in the quality (if you will) of the hunting.

I'll define quality in terms of sheer volume of bucks, age structure, rack size, deer population in general, growing conditions, etc.

In the region I hunt now there are certainly large tracts of timber but the balance of ag/ timber is probably the inverse of what it is in the foothills of the ADKs. This concentrates the deer a little nicer, but more importantly provides the growing conditions to regularly produce large mature bodies/racks as well. Also geographically speaking the snowfall where I hunt now is far less than Mexico NY or Oneida area sees. The deer have it easier going into spring, and in turn grow impressively during the summer.

Anyways with all that said I can appreciate what it takes to pattern a buck of that caliber, in big timber areas, and make it all come together. Its no small task and you've obviously got it figured out!

06-Oct-16
Congrats Pat. Beautiful deer and even better it was your #1 .

Any pics of the bear you're chasing?

11-Oct-16
Pat, that's an odd looking bear.

12-Oct-16
Wow. That's a beast. Good luck with tagging him!

12-Oct-16
Still waiting on the video pat. Please tell me you taped it.

26-Oct-16
great buck... congrats

28-Oct-16
Good looking buck Pat, way to go.

• Sitka Gear