Nocturnal8 06-Oct-16
Mike F 06-Oct-16
stagetek 10-Oct-16
BowBrother 10-Oct-16
Bloodtrail 11-Oct-16
lame crowndip 11-Oct-16
badgers19 19-Oct-16
03-Oct-16
Fractured my wrist yesterday riding a ATV. If you play hard you can pay hard. So it Looks like my hunting season has come to a complete halt. I'm pretty bummed but there's nothing I can do. I'll be counting on you guys to keep me entertained for now. I go back to the doc tomorrow to figure out what they're gonna do with me.

03-Oct-16
Bummer man, heal fast!!

03-Oct-16
A real downer man! Sorry to hear this, what an unfortunate twist of fate!

I've read a number of your comments on this forum and am curious as to what part of the state you hunt. North? Central? South? County?

I am not trying to pry, just curious. Do you ever get to Sauk County? That's been my main stompin' grounds for the last 25 years.

Chin up there bud. Look at it this way, next year's buck is just getting another year to grow! :-)

03-Oct-16
Sorry to hear that.

03-Oct-16
Neverbait I can't see myself using a crossbow unless I had a permanent issue.

I hunt a few counties casekiska. Jackson co, Clark, Jefferson, Waukesha and Racine co.

I hope to heal fast. So in not putting myself out just yet. But for the time being ill be typing left handed! Haha..

03-Oct-16
Bummer Noc. Was hoping you get on that buck again. Hope you heal quick are shooting again soon

03-Oct-16
Noc8, Sorry to hear. Heal fast. Any chance of rigging up something to draw and trip with a finger in a couple weeks? Attach a release to the cast or are you fingers?

04-Oct-16
Sorry to hear about your injury. Can you still shoot deer with your camera? You could probably get some good footage without worrying about getting a shot on film. At least it keeps you in the woods.

04-Oct-16
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation Noc8. I guess you could look on the bright side knowing many ATV accidents end up much worse. The deer will still be there next year. Heal up.

04-Oct-16
Hope you heal real fast . Man I feel for ya .

04-Oct-16
If you have a cast, you can modify it to shoot. I did that so I could still race motocross after breaking a wrist. Doctor was really curious why dirt and rocks fell out when they cut it off eventually.

04-Oct-16
I like screwball's idea. Bring a release with you when you get the cast put on. Have it near a free finger.

04-Oct-16
Heal fast. If it is your 'trigger finger' side you can probably still gun hunt if you are into that.

04-Oct-16
That sucks man, get better quick.

04-Oct-16
Hope you heal quick. Those ATVs UTVs are heavy and powerful machines, a person loses control, your in trouble.

04-Oct-16
It might've been in a Bowhunter magazine 20yrs ago but I remember reading about a guy with a wrist injury who rigged up a strap that went around his arm just above his elbow. Necessity is the mother of invention.

06-Oct-16
Thanks for all the blessings guys! I really do appreciate it.

Trapper right now I can't even hold a phone in my hand. Time will tell. Thanks for the invite..

06-Oct-16
Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

10-Oct-16
At least it's only your wrist. Just read a 40 yr. old man was killed in Tomahawk this passed weekend. Speedy recovery to you.

10-Oct-16
I'll be praying that you heal fast, Noc! Medicine these days can help us heal so much faster. Maybe the big one will wait for your return!

11-Oct-16
Re-consider the cross bow Noc...the good Lord only gives us a certain number of days in the woods. Don't spend any you could have spent on stand, standing on the sidelines....

Heal fast!

11-Oct-16
Noc-hope you get well fast! I understand your feelings. In 2002 I had shoulder surgery that got an infection (most likely from the OR) and by the middle of October I was finally given the go to move my arm. The muscles were atrophied and as a result very weak. I got one of the machines and was able to rig one up to shoot left-handed. I did go and was able to shoot a really nice 8 at about 8 yards. While I was standing over the thing I realized that this was NOT for me. I was out during the archery season but I WAS NOT BOWHUNTING. Just my $.02-LC

19-Oct-16
I understand your situation well...just broke two bones in my non-dominant hand last night playing softball. Couldn't have happened at a worse time :( Hoping I won't need surgery that may put me out of commission through gun season, too..

Anyone know where I can rent a crossbow for a few weeks??

• Sitka Gear