bow only 09-Oct-16
Jim Casto Jr 09-Oct-16
Big-Otis-Jeff 09-Oct-16
Babysaph 09-Oct-16
wvmule 10-Oct-16
hoppies56 10-Oct-16
Big-Otis-Jeff 10-Oct-16
05-Oct-16
My Covert II trail camera gave it up and I'm not going to send it in for repair. I've not been very pleased with the quality of pictures it takes anyway. So... I need to buy a new one. I have no idea which one to buy and would appreciate some recommendations.

05-Oct-16
I have used stealth cam, primos, moultries, wild game innovations. I think the wild game innovations take the best picture but I am lucky to get 2 years out of one. I like the cheap moultries all around. Good pics and battery life.

05-Oct-16

hoppies56's embedded Photo
Lots of good cameras on market today. right now i am running 2 stealth cams,1 Primos proof Browning black ops, 1 older bushnel and a Primos truth.All will take pics. primos proof 2 takes great pic and good battery life here is sample nite pic from last year.

05-Oct-16
I like the browning dark ops elite. Good battery life, good pictures, and good trigger speed. I've got 4 of them now. I used to use moultrie but wasn't happy with trigger speed.

05-Oct-16
I also really like the Browning Dark Ops Elite HD. They are a good all around camera and are really small. This years model has a much improved battery life than the previous years.

05-Oct-16

I also like the black led cameras. My browning is 3 years old so i am sure they have improved on there cameras , that would be a good choice. sample pic

05-Oct-16
I use the cheap truth cam 35 I bought at Walmart. I have 4 of them. Easy to use.,

05-Oct-16
I run well over a dozen cameras and would run 100 if I had them. I am addicted. All cameras seem to come with their shortfalls but the overall quality has improved in most brands the last couple years. However, the best luck I have had over the years is with Bushnell and I love the newest models. All things being equal, I will buy them every time. I have had good luck with Moultrie and Browning as well and consider them tied for a close second place.

09-Oct-16

bow only's Link
Thought this might be of interest.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/2016/08/trail-camera-test-12-best-models-market

09-Oct-16
Thanks fella's for all the input. I posted this on AT, POA, the LW and the WV Bowsite. I've read ump-teen articles and reviews and was hoping I could get a consensus on the forums. It seems the Brownings got more positive replies. So... I bought a Browning Dark Ops. I got it in the mail yesterday morning and put in on the usual tree. I went today and replaced the card. I didn't have many pictures but it was obvious the quality is much, much better and I didn't get all those phantoms I was getting on the Covert. Time will tell.....

Thanks again for the advice.

09-Oct-16
Hoppies-----I just bought 3 new Browning Command Ops, have them set om the highest quality videos it can take, and still get low quality, fuzzy video's.........

Have you had any issues like that? Iam using a 32gb NYP sd card.

09-Oct-16
I don't care about fuzzy pics. I just want them to work and be easy to use.

10-Oct-16
B-O-J, that has been my biggest complaint with my Browning cameras. I love using the video mode and have been disappointed with Browning's video quality. That is the main reason I prefer Bushnell. The video quality on their latest models is awesome.

10-Oct-16
On my Browning, videos tend to be fuzzy.I stick mostly with photos.Maybe some of the newer model are better with video.

10-Oct-16
I have always had great video qulaity with WildGAme, but tehre customer service sucks, 6 out of 8 cams bought within last 2 years quit...no luck or help from them

I thought Browning was going to be better.....Guess not

• Sitka Gear