buxandbass 06-Oct-16
Dusktildawn 06-Oct-16
HeadHunter® 06-Oct-16
The last savage 08-Oct-16
Dusktildawn 09-Oct-16
Zim1 11-Oct-16
petedrummond 11-Oct-16
06-Oct-16
Hey guys,i live in md,im coming to Illinois late Sept thru 1nd week of nov.i know I'll hear some not so helpful posts but everyone I've ever met from Illinois has been fantastic.im a veteran bowhunter,looking for any public land gems that may hold a good buck..I'm camping out of my truck,dont mind hiking in deep,goin in early,staying late,i hunt alone and will be alone..I don't wanna fall over guys but am realistic as to public land hunting..any and all input will be helpful a few places that I've looked at,pere Marquette,coffeen lake,ray norbut? Thanks guys. Pat,pm me if need be,

06-Oct-16
Pyramid state park

06-Oct-16
Savage there are many public areas that hold nice deer. What part of the State are you planning to hint? North-Central-South and eastern or western. End of October can be very productive for those willing to sit all day and put some miles on their boots.

06-Oct-16
"PM" sent .......

08-Oct-16
Hey dusktildawn I'm thinking west central Illinois,i like creek bottoms,grass fields, thick n deep stuff...no problem going long and sitting late..I'm bringing canoe,mt bike.. prepared for off beat places...any help would be great estius ,thanks for your time..pat

09-Oct-16
Pat check P.M.

11-Oct-16
My work results in me traveling statewide every year for the last ten. So I have been scouting and hunting an extremely large sample size of IL public properties since 1989. Far north to far south and everything in between. During that time I have occasionally run across a really good spot. However, ALL of them turned out to be temporary. Either it was a new property, or nobody else hunted that year for some reason. In all cases, those spots were polluted the following year when I tried returning. Never failed. I got to expect it. Good spots are a moving target. It's quite a chess match since Illinois has basically gone to OTC NR tags. Almost not worth scouting before hand. Pick a few spots out and drive by to see how bad the pressure is. Then bring a climber and be prepared to move every day, adjusting to game patterns and hunter competition.

11-Oct-16
Did you get my pm?

• Sitka Gear