Screwball 14-Oct-16
Bow Crazy 14-Oct-16
Tweed 14-Oct-16
Swampy 14-Oct-16
Tweed 14-Oct-16
Swampy 14-Oct-16
Missouribreaks 15-Oct-16
07-Oct-16
That is a crappy thing to do, not to mention illegal. Don't hold all landowners responsible for what one ass might do.

Carry on with the landowner bashing......

07-Oct-16
Its called "they're my deer" syndrome. Quite common in many areas of the state...unfortunately.

07-Oct-16
Just remember we are only hearing 1/2 the story..........

07-Oct-16
I've always maintained that nothin' brings the @$$hole out in people like deer hunting.

Sad.

07-Oct-16
Wow......douche monkey.

07-Oct-16
I suppose you have to move your bait pile again.

07-Oct-16
LOL, nb is at it again. Even money he posted that himself, took the snap shot to post in order to stir an argument again. Don't buy into the BS.

Think of the assumptions made in the post alone. No proof, evidence or any information of any sort. Nothing to back up any in any way shape or form but meets nb's usual nonsense.

07-Oct-16
Yep, those that work hard to have what they earned and wont share it with the rest should be ashamed. We need Obama care type of government program for hunters, and then lets redistribute everyone's land. Lets turn it over to the government for everyone to use and then everyone can be equal and we can make everyone happy. Yes just like when the colonist came over and the king owned it all. Those who work for what they have do not deserve it. The concept of Private Property in our in our country and economy is ridiculous anyway. The founding fathers were crazy.

07-Oct-16
If I have to explain the direct link to this point and your rants well, enough said. Simple minds.

08-Oct-16
Nope, we do not. But we own our land and have the right to do with what we want on and with it. Only the government which overreaches can do that.

08-Oct-16
Could it be out of frustration of a public land hunter shooting on to private? Really public land hunters? Why would you do that Neverbait, grass greener over there?

08-Oct-16
You know I have been hunting for 40 years. I have never heard anyone say they own the deer or they are their deer. I have never thought that myself. We have had people who are jealous of what we worked and sacrificed for make comments about our family. We have never said that or felt that way. We always accepted that the neighbors or others have the same right to the deer we do. Our land we bought was originally open to any and all. Others ruined that by vandalizing, stealing, destroying, burning, kicking our kids of their own stands, cursning at our kids, and taking deer we had shot. No one to blame but themselves. But we are the ***holes. I can live with that. So to say I get defensive at such talk when our intent and beliefs was and were never to post land and make it just for us until we were finally fed up is an understatement. Those are some of the reasons I respond the way I do to your attacks on land owners.

09-Oct-16
the crazy thing is that people on here can complain and group all landowners together and call them names and complain about them. but what if I were to say that all public land hunters are freeloaders who are too lazy to work hard enough to buy their own land? then I would be persecuted for saying that...we should all be on the same team here guys.

09-Oct-16
Grinders-Could not agree more. This time of year there is usually a thread that mostly targets landowners for criticism. Those that chose not to purchase (life is a series of choices) any land are usually the ones that do the criticism. I'd be interested in what it takes to be a "good" landowner so as not to be called names. I remember doing some hunting out west where I had to purchase a permit to hunt public land. Should this be considered?

09-Oct-16
It looks to me that the tree in the pic was not cut in the last 10-12 months. It's a crappy pic so hard to tell. But that cut looks older than that.

09-Oct-16
^^^This. That tree was cut a looonngg time ago.

09-Oct-16
I understand the guys frustration. It's happened to me before when these locals found out I killed "their" buck! They cut my lone tree down in the middle of the cattails. Found that out while scouting the winter. Came back in the fall with a ladder and sat right where that tree was. They can break the law and cut it down. But that's not gonna stop me from hunting.

09-Oct-16
Unfortunately, hunting brings out the worst in people. I gave up hunting public land many years ago, now I just prosecute the trespassers when I catch them. Cameras and drones work wonders.

09-Oct-16
Ill feed the wolves.....Someone said no one owns the deer. Well I got news for you, I own them when they are on my land.

10-Oct-16
Was the tree even on public land? I had a guy and kid talked to over the weekend that were trespassing, they were thinking that they were still on the public land. They still hunted the area that evening and the next day. I thought about waiting them out last night to give it to them, but my daughter shot a buck and I was a little occupied with that, so they got a break this time. From what they told the person that talked to them on Saturday morning, I'm sure they were trespassing again after that.....they would have a heck of a time getting to the area they mentioned without trespassing, I wouldn't even walk through that to get there.....let alone taking a kid through that swamp. It's all willow brush, tag alders, hummocks and over knee deep water for nearly 1/2 mile.

I'm just saying that public land hunters don't always seem to know where the lines are.

This person didn't seem to like that the private land owner parked his truck on his own private property either. Maybe the owner has an issue with walking and needed to park his truck closer than they wanted to, just to make it out for the day??

10-Oct-16
This thread is a fabricated one, created by a crochety old guy who wakes up in the morning and hates himself and by noon hates the entire world.

10-Oct-16
Walk for a 1/2 mile through knee deep swamp....sucks that they were trespassing but dang at least they worked to get in there. In hunting public land I've trespassed a number of times but never purposely. Each time that I realized that I was suddenly on private land I got real paranoid and snuck back to public land as quickly (but quietly) as possible.

10-Oct-16
CaptMike: I said the same thing early! ;-)

10-Oct-16
Screwball +1

10-Oct-16
That tree was cut a while ago and the limbs also.

So if you wanted to just cut the tree down to keep someone from hunting why would you cut off the limbs like that? Or take the time to do so?

10-Oct-16
Tweed-

They were on a driveable trail about 300 yards from where they parked, walking on a trail of ours. The property that they said that they were going to hunt would have been the 1/2 mile crap walk from where they were....unless they walked our trails that would get them right there.

10-Oct-16
I agree with TheLama OLD cuts oh and I see nothing that is obvious...

10-Oct-16
Llama - or maybe the public land hunter was the one that cut the limbs to improve his stand thus making him a violator?

10-Oct-16
Masterbait, unless you are advising on ignorance, I don't think you are qualified. No, I take that back. You could probably teach a good course on pettiness or insignificance also.

10-Oct-16
Consider the source.

11-Oct-16
The hunting brotherhood and sisterhood is an awesome bunch! Assuming this story is true? 95% (or more) of hunters would never do this or even consider it. Calling out all Landowners over this is ridiculous as well!

It's been months since I've been back on this site. I'm quickly reminded why. BC

11-Oct-16
"Calling out all Landowners over this is ridiculous as well!" It was done by a ridiculous individual.

14-Oct-16
Yep Masterbait just told us a story it is true, it is true! LOL

14-Oct-16
I will be the first person to admit when I say something that is incorrect, now is the time. I was wrong, all landowners are A__holes! Everyone one of them! BC

14-Oct-16
We used to have trespassers. We solved that by allowing the suspected trespassers on the land but would tax them a loin if they shot anything. Now they watch the land for us and we get some venison. Next season that will probably be changing but its worked well for the last decade or so.

14-Oct-16
Tweed you basically lease out your land for a loin ?

14-Oct-16
Well when you put it that way.....yeah...

I'm not one to get all bent out of shape about something like that. We live in a world with a ton of problems if that is the greatest of my problems then its a pretty good life.

We don't go up there from October- April (no structures/cabins) so we never cared if the neighbor took a deer as long as they don't litter. They also keep an eye on the place to make sure the old trailer that was up there wasn't getting messed with. Also when we go camping there we hike through his land to get to a small lake and do some fishing. Really it all boils down to being neighborly.

14-Oct-16
Just kidding ya guy . No really I'll give ya a hind quarter .

15-Oct-16
Out west, Montana in particular, landowners have serious dislike for resident hunters who seem to have a sense of entitlement towards private property and private landowner rights.

• Sitka Gear