CaptMike 12-Oct-16
huntperch 12-Oct-16
Mike F 12-Oct-16
casekiska 12-Oct-16
Bow Crazy 14-Oct-16
Mike F 14-Oct-16
Jeff in MN 19-Oct-16
08-Oct-16
I had not planned on being back on here, but I am in between hunts, leaving again tomorrow. I have read the thread on the Youth Hunts, and can see several view points, but my hair went up, reading the comments from Neverbait, on Mike F.

NB, you should be so lucky as to meet Mike F. like I was able to do this year. He was generous enough, to bait for a fellow vet buddy of mine, asking nothing for it. Unfortunately my friends health failed, and continues to be poor today.

I was able to see Mike F. at work. He is very generous, and has a passion for bear baiting, and getting opportunities for many young hunters. I was able to modestly help with his baiting, and meeting this man, I was impressed.......

I do not want to embarrass him, but he loves to get the youth involved, and gives of his time, and knowledge, to get the kids a chance to hunt and learn.

Wisconsin outdoor community is lucky to have people like Mike F. and I for one am lucky to have met him, and call him a friend

08-Oct-16
Razor don't know Mike except for on here. Totally agree with you. The other on here you write of, the total opposite.

08-Oct-16
No one likes neverbait anyways. He's that kind of guy. The guy that people have to just tolerate.

Now Mike on the other hand. Hes informative and fits well with the good guys on this site.

08-Oct-16
Well said Razor, Never bait is one of those negative trolls that you just have to ignore. Even the good guys disagree from time to time though.

08-Oct-16
Mike has always been top shelf to me .

08-Oct-16
I don't know Mike, but can't think of any time that he's posted anything that I took umbrage with.

I have to laugh though.

--------"Would I do this during the regular 9 day season? No. " Exactly. You guys are funny. Its certainly not a coincidence that the youth hunt isnt during the rut. A bunch of you guys would have to take your halos off if it was. LOL!--------

--------"Would I do this during the regular 9 day season? No" "Do I mind giving up 2 days of the archery season to introduce them to hunting? No." "Life's hard, get a helmet and live with it!" Then why don't you put on a helmet and suck it up and give up a couple days of your precious gun deer season to introduce them to hunting? What you posted reads as if it's not important enough to you if it would mean having to mentor a kid during "your" gun season.-------

---------"HunterR, you have summed up the others' comments very well. It is amazing how some will only give up their time during this hunt."---------

Apparently, generosity doesn't count unless the person giving sacrifices and suffers. I wonder if those guys advocating for that level of altruism live up to their own ideal?

Mike - As just some guy on the other side of a computer screen, I would like to say thank you for the time you spend mentoring kids and parents and helping vets...even if you enjoy it...and even if you want to bowhunt by yourself from the end of October through the second week of November...and even if you choose to hunt with family and friends during the gun season.

08-Oct-16
+1, Razor!

11-Oct-16
I have been away from the site for a few days. Busy with the Youth Hunt, finishing up bear season and setting up 2 youth and 1 Purple Heart Vet bear hunt for next fall.

Razor and others - thanks for the kind words. I appreciate them. Yes, I charge nothing more than a handshake and a hug for these hunts. We have a great time, work hard and sometime get lucky and fill a tag or two.

Orionsbrother- I will be hunting the last weekend in November! We have the Portage County LTH Whitetail Deer Hunt program that weekend for 10 new hunters and their parents/guardians. I can't think of a better weekend to hold it on! The new hunters should have a great time!

I am fortunate to have parents that took the time to teach me and show compassion for fellow people. Dad served in the US Army in Korea. He spent all of his free time teaching 4 Son's how to hunt, fish, respect what we have and to pass it on to those who want to learn and those who will never get a chance. He passed too soon from Cancer. Yes, Cancer Sucks big time. He taught me to live for the moment, don't complain about the things you can't change, be strong and have a lot of friends.

He gave us every opportunity that he could, every moment of his life. I am lucky that I can give those moments to someone who will enjoy them and leave a smile on their face and good thoughts in their minds.

Some people will never understand it and I can't change that.

A long time ago I was given this saying, I don't know who wrote it or where it came from, but maybe after reading it maybe it will "shed a little light" on who, what and why of who I am and what I do.

I am a Hunter for life. I will always be a Hunter. It’s not something I do, it is who I am. Hunting is not an escape. It is where I belong, where I am supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my Father and Grandfather showed me, and that I will show to others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will Hunt together.

I hope everyone has a great hunting season, be it chasing deer, grouse, squirrels, what ever. I hope you all have safe travels and get to spend some great time in the forests and fields with your friends and families. And if you are fortunate to be able to pass on our hunting heritage, please do. Share in the bounty, share the smiles, share the adventures.

Most of all thank you all for being a big part in our hunting community!

11-Oct-16
Have a good time and a good season, Mike. Try not to express yourself in such a bitter and self centered fashion in the future.

11-Oct-16
Good one!!!

11-Oct-16
Way to go Mike!!!

12-Oct-16
Good one Mike. I saved that to my quotes file.

12-Oct-16
Mike F, congrats on being you!

12-Oct-16
Thanks Mike I always struggled to put down in words to try and explain my being. You got it in your saying.

12-Oct-16
All-

Thanks, now get out from in front of your computers and enjoy what we enjoy most!

12-Oct-16
...but i already took a nap today!

14-Oct-16
Mike is one on this site that anyone one of us would enjoying sharing a bow hunting camp with. Keep up doing what you do Mike! BC

14-Oct-16
BC -

Only if they like to laugh a lot and not take things too seriously!

19-Oct-16
Wow, great post Mike F.

• Sitka Gear