Rut Nut 14-Oct-16
horsethief51 14-Oct-16
bill v 14-Oct-16
Jeff Durnell 14-Oct-16
lazer2 15-Oct-16
08-Oct-16
Keeping dry are we?

08-Oct-16
Nope, soaked in sweat right now at work. Big outage. Working 80 hours this week, double shift again today. Off tomorrow.... SUNDAY... but not allowed to hunt in Pa, then double shift again Monday. No hunting yet for me. This coming week maybe. Good luck fellas.

08-Oct-16
Still out,semi dry I suppose. Rain stopped about 30 min ago.gonna give it till noon.So far today two 4 points an 8 point and a spike. 2b

08-Oct-16
Even a chicken knows to get in out of the rain. Sitting here in my jammies, drinking coffee, and watching hunting shows. :)

08-Oct-16
Got a Morning hunt here in 5B saw a nice young 8 point buck at 70 yards. Raining now.

08-Oct-16

Going Trad (Parker)'s Link

08-Oct-16
Congrats on the filled tag, Justin. That was quick.

It's done raining here. Right now would be a great time to be in the woods stillhunting some oaks someplace.

08-Oct-16
Im getting some much needed honey-do time. This permits me ALOT of Dale-gonna-do time later:) gotta take care of momma:)

08-Oct-16
Honey do for me today as well. Gonna get packed up tomorrow to head over to NJ for the opener of their archery bear season. We'll be hunting Monday thru Wednesday. Taking Rut Nut and another friend to camp, hunt whitetails and bears. Could make for a good story!

Good luck and be safe guys.

08-Oct-16
Had grandson Tyler out today in the rain and we had a great time. We seen five does and the excitement of a 14 old year stalking a few of them made my day!

09-Oct-16
Nice!

09-Oct-16
Congratulations, Justin. I hope you have some more tags.

09-Oct-16

Jeff Durnell's embedded Photo
Jeff Durnell's embedded Photo
Cool. Keep your eyes peeled for mushrooms too. Found these today. I don't care much that Sunday DEER hunting isn't legal yet.... long as Sunday mushroom hunting is :^)

I found a dead 8 pt today too with his antlers stuck under a log.

09-Oct-16

Huntinggal2009's embedded Photo
4D Doe on Friday 10/7/16.

09-Oct-16
I sat amidst 4 non-legal bucks and 1 barely legal buck Friday morning. Then shot the doe above that evening. It has been a decade since I have had that much deer activity in stand in 4D.

09-Oct-16
I hunted the whole second week in 2F,saw several does,a few small bucks,one nice buck that was out of range,and more acorns and crabapples than I have ever seen in 45 years of hunting!

Bob

09-Oct-16
Congratulations, Justin and Jenn! Way to go! You too Jeff! Looks like some tasty mushrooms!

09-Oct-16
The good wife has some hot on the stove right now.

Congrats Jen. That's a big ol' long-nosed doe there.

09-Oct-16

Funny, how this works out. I am trying my best to get a deer within range for Patty. Two years in a row, she stands a few times in this tree, and doesn't see anything. I then switch stands with her, as I see deer at the stand I'm in. I then shoot a deer from the tree she was in. So the balance of this year and next year. She's standing in the damned tree until she shoots a deer!!

Nice deer Justin! Cute kids too.

Here's my hunting crew!!

10-Oct-16
Congrats Jen and Justin.

10-Oct-16
Congrats Jenn, Justin and Jeff!

Jeff, I can just see it... several bucks and does standing around watching some big guy in the woods giggling and dancing for joy as he picks mushrooms. One buck says to the other buck, "What the heck is he doing?" The second buck says, "I don't know but don't mess with him though, he could be dangerous... or something"!!!

10-Oct-16
Or something is right ;^)

I'm not much of a threat to the critters when there are fresh mushrooms around.

10-Oct-16
:)

Makes a gatherer out of you, eh!

10-Oct-16
Gene King killed a doe tonight. The picture he sent leads me to believe it was a road-kill.

10-Oct-16
I got a doe tonite.

BSked

11-Oct-16
I was fortunate enough to take this 8pt. on October 3rd.(I know wrong week thread LOL). I shot him at 8:15AM with my recurve and a German Kinetics head, In Crawford county. Nothing beats a morning shot and easy recovery! Forgot to include pic, DUHH! see next post

11-Oct-16

outpostdave's embedded Photo
outpostdave's embedded Photo
Here's the pic from above post! Sorry

11-Oct-16
Congrats Jen and Dave! Seeing more deer in 4D now Jen? I hunt the mountains there during rifle...deer have been sparse the last few years.

11-Oct-16
Congrats bsked!

Congrats Dave... don't matter which thread you post it in, nice buck!

11-Oct-16
Enter your message here...

11-Oct-16
Nice buck there Dave

Congrats.

BSked.

11-Oct-16
Yep, pretty incredible. Deer everywhere right now. Red Oaks are producing like hot cakes.

12-Oct-16

Ben Farmer's embedded Photo
My brother got a doe this morning. I got to take my two year old son on his first track job. Then he got to help pull her out on the cart!! He had a blast!!

12-Oct-16

12-Oct-16
Ben, that's awesome. Cute kid ya made there.

I found 15 sheepshead today and a handful of Sulfur shelfs. Kept half of them. The others were a bit too old. I spread the spores instead. Saw 3 deer and a BUNCH of squirrels.

Deer are eating the sheepshead pretty regular. I've only ever seen this one other time many years ago. They're also eating the honey mushrooms a lot too... along with the squirrels.

13-Oct-16
Ben, He's definitely hooked!

13-Oct-16
Great stories and pictures guys and Jen. Congrats to all!

Jeff, I am so jealous, it's been bone dry here in the East. I've only found a few sulfers and no rams heads. I did find a few pounds of stumpies over in NJ this week.

13-Oct-16
Congrats on a nice buck Dave!! Congrats on the doe Jen!

Good luck Saturday Mike! Hope he gets a few !

Deer sightings are way down for me this year. Can't remember ever having it be this slow for me to start a season!

14-Oct-16
Bowjo, it was very dry and hot here all summer, but then apparently we got rain at the perfect time(s). I put some miles on in the game lands yesterday. Saw 2 bucks and 3 does, and just a few sulfurs that were too far gone... until I got to my truck and was driving out, and there right along the road was sheepshead all around a big red oak. Big ones too. Unfortunately, they were too far gone. I'll log the spot for next year. Good luck in your hunting... and gathering.

14-Oct-16
Ben, congrats to your brother! Good thing he had help gettin her out of the woods! ;)

14-Oct-16
Congrats on the success guys and girls!!!

14-Oct-16
Great pics folks! Congrats! I love to see women in camo- especially with stuff they've just killed! ;-)

14-Oct-16

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Looking for this guy being out in the daytime when I get back.
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Looking for this guy being out in the daytime when I get back.
How you all been? Congrats to everybody. Had a camp full of stickbow hunters last weekend and no shooting. Zerbe is coming out today. Most interesting thing I have seen were 6 bucks just before dark at 160 yards Wed. Heard a tree fall Thursday evening. It has been some beautiful weather for sitting in the tree. Wehave seen beaver and bear here too. heading to Georgia to hunt with my brother on Monday for a weekand a half or so.

14-Oct-16
much more activity this week, got rid of that 5C curse I had going on.

Might be a good day tomorrow, get out there boys, and gals

Nice art, he has some stuff going on there!

Bill V.

14-Oct-16
You should hear the guys at work... "I'm not going out tonight, it's too nice out." "Yeah, it's too sunny. Look, not a cloud in the sky. I hate sitting in a tree with the sun in my face... can't see nothing" "It's a full moon out too, and it's going to be warmer tomorrow, no sense in hunting. We won't see anything." "Yeah, it's going to be a full moon for almost a week. I'll go out later next week."

They both said how bored they were getting already in the stand last night. They were ready to climb down just before prime time.

You guys know me :^), I didn't hold back too much and said, 'Good grief, LISTEN to you #$%^& guys... looking for any excuse you can NOT to hunt. What happened to you guys?'

I said, "Hey, if you're getting bored in a stand, don't GET in a stand. Stillhunt instead." They just looked at me like I started a discussion about opera, or scrapbooking or something. Pfffff, I could never do that, one said. Me neither, said the other. I don't have enough patience.

Say what?

Holy crap. Holy friggin CRAP. Several years ago, theyt were pretty serious bowhunters. I think the crossbows they bought have them pertinear ruined.

I left them at work, went out in my street clothes with no bow, practically within sight of one of their houses and found 21 sheepshead in 3 hours and was within selfbow range of a decent buck. Most of the sheepshead were too old to pick, but I still brought home 4 grocery bags full of them. Maybe they were right in a way, too nice of a day to hunt deer :^)

15-Oct-16

lazer2's embedded Photo
lazer2's embedded Photo
Shot my first doe with a bow monday evening. Haven't hunted much other then the couple times I took my son. We had a small buck come by early Monday morning but he was sleeping in the stand, which made me a little upset so I went later that day and harvested my doe.

• Sitka Gear