Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
shawnm 11-Oct-16
Will 11-Oct-16
bigbuckbob 11-Oct-16
Bloodtrail 11-Oct-16
Will 12-Oct-16
11-Oct-16
Just browsing through the deep ct website and I noticed they released the number of kills by town and total number. From 870 to 1156. These are the numbers from Sept 15 to 30th

11-Oct-16
Pretty early to draw conclusions... Though all the "there are lots of acorns so you wont see as many deer" people may have a trend starting to grow.

11-Oct-16
I didn't a lot of acorns in my spots, just at my house, so I think it's more of a local issue by area. Last year it was everywhere.

11-Oct-16
I was in the woods on Monday when it was windy and there were acorns all over the place.....and still falling. Nothing like last year, but you can't go five feet without stepping on them. Even I was amazed at how many are there.

Also, it should be expected that the harvest numbers are up.....less killed last year means more this year......easier to kill one. And, the weather has been great with little rain.....so with more guys out in the woods, and they are out more often, leads to increased chances to kill one.

12-Oct-16
Good points blood trail. It's really early overall I'd say to draw conclusions - there are just to many inputs... Bob, I meant last year. Feels like everyone last year was talking about how there were so many acorns that that was a big challenge. Personally, I've always had my best years in big acorn years, so I never really "got" that idea... but that was what I was getting at.

• Sitka Gear