Recurveonly 16-Oct-16
drslyr 16-Oct-16
soapdish 16-Oct-16
bigbuckbob 17-Oct-16
GF 25-Oct-16
Wild Bill 25-Oct-16
Will 26-Oct-16
14-Oct-16
The other day, I was surfing social media. On the Face Book "CT Whitetail Deer Hunters and Outdoorsman" page. someone asked the dreaded question: "Would you shoot a deer in your backyard? To me its not the same". I responded that I agreed it is not the same and I also enjoy putting in the time scouting and finding the big boys. So someone on there tops it all off, and posts that they even go one step even lazier, they shoot out the window of their house. My question is; besides being a totally stupid - horrible idea, and not what to me, hunting is all about. Is that legal in CT? I once heard from an old timer as a joke, that the best deer hunting blinds ever built were made in Detroit by General Motors and Ford...LOL But, seriously shoot an arrow out of a living room or bed room window? Sounds pretty dangerous to me...

16-Oct-16
Your house……….The best box blind ever made!!!!!!

16-Oct-16
saw a vidio on utube years ago a guy built a stand on his roof used a cross bow and showed him takeing a doe

16-Oct-16
I have a camp in the boonies in ny. and could shoot our pet deer of the front porch anytime but we let any deer within 100yds of the house alone. Now 101 that could be a totally different story.

16-Oct-16
Used to be illegal. Probably still is. Certainly doesn't fall into the category of hunting.

17-Oct-16
not hunting to me, just shooting.

25-Oct-16
I've heard about laws against it, but as desperate as the DEEP is to thin the herd, I'd be amazed to hear that you can't legally do it here...

JMO, if you just want a deer in the freezer, it's as good a way as any.

But not much of a "hunt".

25-Oct-16
I one time had a land owner that wanted me to ride on the back of his tractor mower and shoot the deer as he drove by them.

26-Oct-16
A buddy and I hunted a bit of land for a few years up here that was, in years prior, a pig farm. The state DCR bought it to protect a local watershed. The first few years open it was really good, now it's ok in terms of numbers of deer. Anyway, there is a sort of junk yard that the pig farmer and then state must have used for stuff in the middle of the property. The deer were bedding in there, going through a few holes in the fence around it, even through the main opening where the road went in! There were old cars, old farm implements, old building material etc. Well, there was also an old dump truck. No windshield etc. I hunted around it several times but it just felt weird in there so I never went in. My buddy did, and used the dump truck as a blind. He missed a doe from it. Then we learned you were not supposed to hunt from inside that section so that was that. However, it's always cracked me up that he used a busted, flat tired, rusted old dump truck (from probably the 40's or 50's) as a blind.

• Sitka Gear