RC 17-Oct-16
DaleHajas 17-Oct-16
Justgrad25 18-Oct-16
Vonfoust 19-Oct-16
Big D 19-Oct-16
Metikki 19-Oct-16
Gonzo 23-Oct-16
15-Oct-16
I'm in the process of building a smoker. Tired of the outrages money we paying for goodies. Tore my old fridge apart, using my old wood stove. Building another box in the fridge, insulating between with paperless fiberglass. Adding Gage's for temp check. Any thoughts or experiences!

15-Oct-16
I haven't yet, but I've been thinking about it. When I moved here 2 years ago, they left a 100lb propane tank in the woods behind the house and I saw online how to make a smoker with it and a smaller tank. I'd like to get going on it, but I have so much to do as it stands, who knows when or if I'll ever do it.

In my searching online, I saw some REALLY cool homemade smokers folks have made.

15-Oct-16

DaleHajas's embedded Photo
DaleHajas's embedded Photo
Hospital food warmer. Still heats to over 200 degrees. Added a burner to add smoke. Most govt food establishments change out old ones yearly.

15-Oct-16
Hmmm

17-Oct-16
I have but mine'so only legal in Colorado

17-Oct-16
I made my smoker out of 1/4 inch copper tubing with a 3/4 inch nut and a fine metal screen.

17-Oct-16
Awesome Thanks!

18-Oct-16
My dad had one for many years. Used a large stainless locker on casters he got from my uncle who used to work at Alcoa. Added 8" stainless pipe out the one side, down low, sealed it to the locker and put a damper in the pipe to control hear/smoke. Just built a little firebox at the end of the pipe with old retaining wall blocks and put a piece of sheet metal over the top. He could do about 100# of kielbassa at a time with the racks he built into the locker.

19-Oct-16
Built an Ugly Drum Smoker a few years back. Worked(s) great and definitely a great flavor, but I have been using the MES lately just due to ease of use. The UDS I had to spend the whole day babysitting it, the electric smoker I set it and leave. Come back and it's done.

19-Oct-16
Hey Gonzo, check out smokingmeatforums.com, there is an entire section on several frig builds.

19-Oct-16
Smokingmeatforums are awesome. Get the newsletter for z gazillion recipes

23-Oct-16

Gonzo's embedded Photo
Gonzo's embedded Photo
About 3/4 done, thanks for the input guys. You guys are right, smokingmeatsforums got it all. Thanks!

• Sitka Gear