DaleHajas 24-Oct-16
DaleHajas 24-Oct-16
RC 24-Oct-16
16-Oct-16

DaleHajas's embedded Photo
I Was given a box of several vintage arrows including 5 of the old Bear army green cedars.

Also in the mix were 5 dark green with black cresting fiberglass arrows. No markings and it looks like the nock end was dipped for aiding feather adhesion, or simply as a black dip. Its hardly noticeable. Locator nocks thats green but painted white with tge white worn off lol Are these old Bear fiberglass arrows? From what era were these from? Im guessing early to mid 60's. They shoot fantastic for me, so I need to find more:)

16-Oct-16
There may be a faded logo and number that you just aren't seeing. Or it can be worn off. Usually it will say something like Bear Kodiak Supreme 10 (or other number). It may say just Kodiak Fiberglass and a number. Look really well around the shaft closer to the feather end than the middle. Anyway, they are fiberglass arrows made by Gordon Glass for Bear Archery. From early 60's through the early 70's until aluminum took over for Bear. I still have a few that I use occasionally. They tend to split easily on the ends though since they are unidirectional fiberglass.

16-Oct-16
For crazinessI started shooting them out of my Grizzly and they cut down my group size considerably... Round after round. I thiught they were Kodiak Supremes but Ill be danged if I can find a logo....

Thanks George

16-Oct-16
I agree that they are Bear Kodiak Supremes. They have the typical right wing fletch that Bear used on their arrows. They are great shooters. You can make them more durable by putting an aluminum collar over the tip end. Likely have to get a 23 or 24/64th size aluminum to fit.

16-Oct-16
Great idea! Thanks

16-Oct-16
"they cut down my group size considerably... Round after round."

I could really have fun with that statement but I'm taking the high road. I'll just say Good Shooting!

16-Oct-16
Actually I had to move to multiple dots at 16 yds.! My hunting max range.

16-Oct-16
Well if we're bragging I could tell you how I shot a six arrow group at Perfects range yesterday and broke two nocks. But being on the high road I wouldn't say something like that. ;)

16-Oct-16
Red, six arrow groups at 5' doesn't really count. Dale, you need to put numbers instead of considerably. Going from 2' groups to 1' groups could be considered considerable. Just sayin.

16-Oct-16
Phil if I told you how big my groups were neither of you 2 would belive me anyhow! :)

17-Oct-16
I shot the fletching off of one of Lara's arrows yesterday at 20 paces. That would have been awesome had we been on the same target

17-Oct-16
Dale - I would always believe you. I don't know that Roy would say the same.

17-Oct-16

George D. Stout's embedded Photo
Carroll's Takedown.
George D. Stout's embedded Photo
Carroll's Takedown.
Hey Dale. These are black Duraflight fiberglass in the bow quiver. You can see the aluminum on the ends of a few of them.

17-Oct-16
Oops...that's not the Carroll's takedown.

23-Oct-16

Scored 10 more today but 2 were cedar. So 8, 29" K8 arrows NEVER SHOT with inserts and Bear Razorheads-1964's .....NEVER SHOT:) Craigs List is cool:)

23-Oct-16

Hoyter2804's embedded Photo
Hoyter2804's embedded Photo
Beautiful arrows. I have a dozen of these old arrows I got from my great uncle along with his 2 bear bows. They don't say anything on them not sure if anyone knows what make they are. Half have glue points and other half have glued broadheads

23-Oct-16
Bear converta points? What bows did your great uncle have?

23-Oct-16
Bear Kodiak magnum and bear whitetail hunter

23-Oct-16
There should be numbers on those aluminum Bear arrows. It may be a three digit like .304, or 8.6, etc. They are probably Metric Hunters that Bear came out with in the late 60's early 70's, or Metric Magnum (X7 material). Look them over good for a faded white or off white number.

23-Oct-16
Being glue-on, they may predate the Metric series. Still there should be a mark of some kind, albeit hard to see.

23-Oct-16
Dale, if you want them, I have 4 of those type shafts over here. They are a gnat's eyelash smaller than 11/32" in diameter, and (on my plastic diameter guide chart) just snug at 21/64". Length is 28.75". You might need to scrape off some old residual fletching glue, and glue on a nock to one of the nock inserts, but I'm guessing you can do it. Lemme know, and they're yours.

24-Oct-16
Harry hold on to em Im sure I have something to return:) pm your phone number. I dont have it. Thanks

24-Oct-16

I was thinking that these were the same as those pictured above. Magnums still in plastic wrap:)

24-Oct-16
I guess they are ok.

• Sitka Gear