ArrowOne 12-Dec-16
SJJ 20-Feb-17
T ZEKE 22-Feb-17
T ZEKE 22-Feb-17
Mint 15-Mar-17
16-Oct-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
The Good : My 7th turkey with a bow , the Bad: a beard dragging Tom was spooked by others in flock when I was drawing my bow resulting in no shot... .The Ugly : my 41 yd shot at a nice 8 pter struck him square in the front shoulder limiting the penetration to 4 or 5 inches and apparently one Buck who will live another day . Arrow came out after 30 yds and while broadhead was bloody, not a drop could be found on the ground in follow up and grid search. used the same arrow a few days later to take turkey....Tom

18-Oct-16
What head you shooting and how many pounds. Shawn

19-Oct-16
The head is a Wasp Jac Hammer 100 grains, the bow is a Bowtech Carvbon Overdrive set at 63 lbs, and while I have shot 80 lb ers most of my 40 yrs of bowhunting and used this head many times, this is the lightest bow I have ever shot ( torn rotator cuff ) I wondered if the head was adequate Shawn after this event but I suspect I rushed the shot at a slightly quartering in buck who was about to walk out of my shooting lane..my bad...Tom

19-Oct-16
I ask because I was curious if you believe a COC head would of killed that deer. I believe it would of penetrated better as long as it was scary sharp. Shawn

20-Oct-16
Tough question, the head on this wasp head is a solid Trocar type tip, The problem I believe is the density of that shoulder bone coupled with the slight angle of entry diverted and absorbed the energy enough to limit penetration. I'm not sure that a coc broadhead would have had a different result, but it's a possibility....Tom

23-Oct-16
Who know if it would of made it through the scapula. I'm guess that's what u hit. The upper part is not to hard to make it through, lower a different story. About 20 years ago one of my friends hit a small buck broadside right in the lower part of the scapula. In rifle buck season we got that buck. It was hit in the lower part of the scapula. Arrow tip a bear razor head (tip) made it about 1/4 inch out the inside part of the scapula. The bow was a screaming eagle, alumimum arrow and I'm pretty sure he was at or about 70, shooting fingers. About 18 yards or so. 3 years ago I shot an elk quartering to, hit it a little higher in the scapula at 30 yards. Arrow was carbon 400gr,about 290fps tip with a rocket steelhead. Arrow made it to far side tenderloin. I wish I really knew what factored in 2 penetration of scapula hits.

30-Oct-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
here is a picture of the 8 pt taken in Sept, still hoping he is going to show up again either on a camera or from a stand ...Tom

10-Dec-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
He survived !!, glad he made it, picture was taken a month after the shot, they are amazing animals...Tom

12-Dec-16
Great to see he made it!!

20-Feb-17

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
I shot a small doe with my Meland Pronghorn at 10 yds. Looked great. Crashed off...never found her! Some days later and here she is on camera

22-Feb-17

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
They are resilient animals for sure, I put an arrow thru this one on video a few yrs ago, blood trail petered out after 200 yds. Follow up next morning..zero. A week later she was back in the same field I shot her acting quite normal...Tom

22-Feb-17

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
this is exit side, amazingly the deer started to duck and twist away as arrow approached her, resulting in arrow grazing/slicing her side as it exited. I never would have beleved it possible, but videos don't lie...Tom

15-Mar-17
They sure don't, they move so fast sometimes it is amazing. Looking at slo mo video is an eye opener for sure.

• Sitka Gear