Pete-pec 17-Oct-16
CaptMike 17-Oct-16
Drop Tine 17-Oct-16
Reggiezpop 17-Oct-16
casekiska 17-Oct-16
Knife2sharp 17-Oct-16
casekiska 17-Oct-16
16-Oct-16
I am interested in purchasing a bedded doe decoy. Does anyone know if or where one can be purchased?

(Note: I have tried removing the antlers and legs from one of my plastic, full body buck decoys,...the "effect" and realism just isn't the same!)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

17-Oct-16
I would look at the feeding doe decoy. I think it's a much more realistic pose for a stationary decoy that doesn't cause much alarm.

Also, why not try removing the legs from your decoy to make it bedded?

17-Oct-16
In all my experience decoying deer, I find the doe decoy the most offensive towards deer. It seems to really put deer on edge. My opinion is that the small racked buck decoy gets the most interactions. I no longer use a doe decoy because of it.

17-Oct-16
Agree with Pete. I had been trying a doe decoy a number of years ago but the reaction I saw most to it was that other deer were either very suspicious of it or downright scared of it. Maybe I just did not use it in the right place or context but regardless, I now do not use one.

17-Oct-16
A 1/2 racked buck decoy seems to get the most up close and personal encounters for me.

17-Oct-16
I toyed back and corn with this, also. I just ordered The Freshman Decoy from Montana Decoys. The reviews have been split, but I'm not ready to commit to an expensive decoy right away. It's a smaller racked buck in an "aggressive" stance. I'll definitely provide feedback once I get him out in the field.

17-Oct-16
Thanks to all for your comments. I have used buck decoys (full rack & half rack) many times with success, but never a doe decoy. The comments about doe decoys being offensive surprise me,...the comments are well taken however. I though perhaps a bedded doe decoy might work. I guess maybe not. I guess too maybe I won't look so hard for a bedded doe decoy. Yep, perhaps now a change of plans is in order, on to plan "B". Again, thanks.

17-Oct-16
Why not ask on the main forum? BTW, I do have the feeding doe decoy, I used it last year and a doe with a large buck trailing her crossed the alfalfa field I had it in. I was hunting from the ground tucked near a deadfall and our neighbor watched the two deer as he was hunting his edge about 500 yards away. I never saw the deer and he said the buck stopped and looked at my decoy, but the proceeded to follow the doe in the woods. They were about 300 yards away. My buddy ended up getting the buck, a 130"- 140" 10 pointer.

I don't decoy a lot, and typically use a buck, but this was mid November, the weekend before gun opener.

17-Oct-16
Good idea Knife2sharp. I did put something out on the main forum and we'll see what happens. However, I have to admit after reading some of the above, my enthusiasm for a Bedded Doe Decoy has diminished. Still though, I will see what sort of comments the main forum generates. Thanks.

• Sitka Gear