Mathews Inc.
Mule Deer Region F Current Conditions
Wyoming
Contributors to this thread:
bows4bulls 16-Oct-16
LONEBULL 17-Oct-16
bows4bulls 18-Oct-16
16-Oct-16
Hey all, I'm heading up to Region F this week. I had another thread earlier this summer on Region F, and received some great feedback. Now, I was hoping I could get an update on snow conditions from a few of you in the area. I've been watching the weather closely, but it's hard to determine how much snow has actually fallen. Has there been enough to start moving the deer down yet? We're planning on backpacking in for a week or so, so it'd be great to know which elevations we may focus on. We're new to the region, but I have 3 or 4 areas that look really promising. We're non residents, DIY, so we'lol be avoiding the wilderness areas. We can also base camp at a campground if that turns out to be the best option. We plan to start west of Cody, but have another area or two just north of Cody we may check also if we strike out on our first places. We can't wait! Looking forward to the adventure of a new area, and hopefully a couple mature bucks. Thanks in advance for any report or advice.

17-Oct-16
Well we got a few inches of snow in town last week and it's storming on the mountains right now with more to come on Tuesday night according to the weather report. I don't think we've gotten enough to trigger the major migration though. End of the week is suppose to be really nice weather. Good luck to you.

18-Oct-16
Thanks Lonebull, local info is priceless. Hopefully we'll find the deer!

• Sitka Gear