BOHUNTER09 20-Oct-16
awh302 20-Oct-16
The last savage 21-Oct-16
HeadHunter® 21-Oct-16
NockTaker 24-Oct-16
LBshooter 25-Oct-16
NockTaker 27-Oct-16
17-Oct-16
Someone told me that Pike Co. Is shot out any word on this?

17-Oct-16
Not just Pike Co. ..... many areas in Illinois are NOT what they were in the past. Still a few Big Bucks around but not as 'common' now. 150"+ bucks are rare. Under that size still roam. Small bucks are common. 170"+ typical are really scarce. Some of this is due to over hunting and some because of our DNR (fish & game dept.) and some due to disease in the past! Select areas still hold some 'good deer' ...... you just need to be able to hunt some of those type of areas!...Good Luck!!

18-Oct-16
I agree I have hunted every year in pike county since I was 7 years old this will be my 43 year down there on the same 300 hundred private acres .I bow Hunted and gun hunt and yes we still get some nice bucks but they are few and far between . There are only 3 of us and we manage are property very good . Outfitters on 2 sides of us and private on the other side it is just over hunted for sure. Plus EHD a couple years ago dint help.

18-Oct-16

NockTaker's embedded Photo
NockTaker's embedded Photo
Thanks for the info! I hunted Pike in the late 90's with an outfitter and had no luck . Been back two other times with two other outfitters and got one in 2012 This one was taken in Handcock Co.

19-Oct-16
Nice Deer good luck this year what outfitters in Pike

19-Oct-16
I hunted one year in pike it was with hunting unlimited Larry Hanold , then I went with ITB in 2004 and in 2012 I was with greenie land and cattle land lease.

19-Oct-16
EHD hit pretty hard in 2012-13, and nothing against outfitters but have ran in to a number of hunters who booked with outfitters who said " if I pay that much to hunt I'm taking something home" as they have shot little bucks that given a couple years may have been wall hangers

19-Oct-16
No deer left in Illinois, go to Iowa.

20-Oct-16
I would but all the So called Pro's get all the tags! Ever take notice how the tv shows get every year?

20-Oct-16
What county you hunting in this year in IL

20-Oct-16
Richland, Jasper, Clark counties for me.

20-Oct-16
"Hunt in Iowa" I think it's funny when you watch any hunting shows on TV it seems as though Iowa is the place to go when 5-10 years ago Illinois was the place. It goes to show you how much TV has an influence.

21-Oct-16
I'm hunting public lands in Calhoun,green,and Hancock county's.. several week, camping , hunting,solo...I leave 25th Oct...yaaahoooo come on Tuesday

21-Oct-16
A guy here in Calhoun Co. found 9 dead deer by his pond this year. He smelled them and saw buzzards and he went and checked it out. What he saw wasn't pretty! Fortunately on our farm in Jersey Co. we've never had that problem nor the farm we did have in Calhoun Co. back when. EHD has in the past affected some counties. ...... Pike Co. I have not heard of any reports this year.

24-Oct-16
Thanks ,I was out of town ,That's why I was not on I'm not coming out this year .

25-Oct-16
I talked with a biologist just yesterday and asked him how the herd in il was doing. He stated that they were given the orfpder four years ago to decrease the herd by 14% and he said they are pretty much there. He also said that I should have any deer I kill checked for CWD, which they dnr will do for free before consuming. Takes about two weeks to get results, if by chance it has CWD he told me they would pick it up and incinerate it.

As far as pike ring shot out, a buddy of mine has been hunting down there for the last ten years and has seen a couple of 150's but nothing bigger. His buddy who has a1000 acres in the family had it leased out to a long time group and they walked away from Italy couple years ago.with all the hype that area received with the TV shows and EHD the area is going to need time to come back, hopefully the genetics are still running around.

27-Oct-16
Thanks for the info guys!!! Good luck to all of you !!!

• Sitka Gear