South Farm 18-Oct-16
mavrick 18-Oct-16
CaptMike 19-Oct-16
mavrick 19-Oct-16
bowhuntndoug 21-Oct-16
CaptMike 22-Oct-16
WausauDug 22-Oct-16
17-Oct-16
Just got a 300 unit this September. I have used it twice and had deer come in down wind both times. Don't think that would have worked without it. I have found I need to get a EZ attachment this week. Screwing in the unit on the bolt is not as easy as it seems on TV and I almost dropped it. I watched a YouTube video on the EZ mount so I hope that makes the difference.

18-Oct-16
I received one as a gift last summer and concur with the mounting difficulties. I used it a few times but cannot provide a opinion as to whether or not it works. Rather than investing in their mounting brackets, I bought several straps that I put in my various stand locations and just strap the mounting bracket to the tree. This seemed to work as a quick fix until I decide whether or not to purchase multiple mounting systems.

I have only used it in tree stands, not in a tent.

18-Oct-16
I have had one for a few years now, they work, they help.

18-Oct-16
I use one regularly. Will still have deer scent me on occasion but far more times they do not, being directly down wind. It is still very important to consider wind direction but I feel it does serve as a worthwhile addition.

18-Oct-16
Just one more thing to carry..

18-Oct-16
If memory serves me correctly, the instructions for the Ozonics state to mount it above your head facing downwind. The strap I use to clip my safety harness on is typically at shoulder level for me, not sure how high you might strap yours to the tree. If you are the same, you should be able to get away with using that strap you clip in to if the wind is in your face blowing behind you. If you face any cross wind, you might find some trouble with it getting in the way if it is strapped to the tree at shoulder height. My straps that I clip my harness into are not terribly tight on the tree so that it allows me to slide my carabiner around. My limited experience with the Ozonics unit is that it needs to be strapped tight to the tree.

19-Oct-16
No, my understanding of how it works is that the ozone needs to encapsulate the scent molecules to make them inert. I don't think you could easily position it to that while walking in.

19-Oct-16
Capt is right, you need to be stationary. Also, another benefit I learned of having it mounted higher is the slight noise it makes. I like total quiet and this thing does have a hum to it. When I first got it, I tried it in the house and didn't think it was all that loud. Get out in the stand on a calm morning with nothing moving in the air and you can definitely hear it. I do not believe it is loud enough to spook game at all but there will be some noise in your ear depending on the way it is positioned.

21-Oct-16
Purchased the EZ attachment and glad I did much safer and easier. I have the model 300. So anyone else have this model have this question. Go out in morning run it 4 hours on boost mode. Come in and charge it. Afternoon hunt even with charge between hunts only lasts 1 to 1.5 hours. Seems battery charges very slowly. Is this just my battery or same for others.

22-Oct-16
I have a 200 with the original battery, probably 4 years old. On boost I get about 4.5 hours from it and with about 3 hours charge time I'll get another 4.5 out of it.

22-Oct-16
I wouldn't use these in a tent, they could damage your lungs.

• Sitka Gear