LilZim 18-Oct-16
South Farm 18-Oct-16
smokey 18-Oct-16
South Farm 19-Oct-16
Mike F 19-Oct-16
smokey 20-Oct-16
razorhead 21-Oct-16
18-Oct-16
The third week of October means I should be seeing early signs of the rut as I'm driving, not the group of three toms strutting around a hen like I just saw. We've had two nights in a row with thunderstorms (1 1/4" both nights), and I left the house in a tee shirt this morning. 70 degrees predicted in the northwoods. Did I sleep for six months?

18-Oct-16
Late season golf today!!!! Playing 27 holes!! I love these warm October days.

18-Oct-16
It's been tough to get into a bowhunting mindset. So much moisture this year,...foggy mornings, rain, and dampness. And the warm temperatures,...here it is October 18 and they are predicting 70 degrees today in southern WI.

I keep wondering when autumn is going to start. Luckily there's color in the trees to remind us that something good is coming. I just wish it would hurry up.

18-Oct-16
A few weeks ago during the youth hunt in Phillips, WI it got down to 30, frost everywhere stayed cool until about 9am. I was jacked, but then this weekend it was raining and in the 60's. Although most of the leaves are on the ground now. Friday there were 25mph winds that blew off most of the remaining leaves. Still barely any buck sign though.

18-Oct-16
The walleyes are biting! Enjoy it while it lasts, I say.

18-Oct-16
I agree, what month is it? But snow is in the forecast for Friday night. Not much but maybe a turnaround in weather.

19-Oct-16
St. Croix River near Grantsburg...jig and minnow or small cranks. They're hungry!

19-Oct-16
Starting to some rubs and scrapes in Waupaca County. Even with the warm weather the deer will breed. I have to take it slow so I don't get all sweated up on the way into the stand. Reminds me of bear season when I have to fire up the Thermacell.....

20-Oct-16
I just took a look at the extended forecast and it looks like not much change for at least a month around here. I don't put much into forecasts more than 48 hours since it is usually a coin toss. Long term temps often are close though so this might mean less daytime rut activity then. Let's hope forecast is wrong.

21-Oct-16
I will be in Ashland County next week hunting, I think it will be good,,,,, cool mornings, some rain, clouds, barometer on the rise, moon climbing, I plan on being on stand all day, for those seekers,,,,,,, good luck

• Sitka Gear