Mathews Inc.
Where in WI public bowhunt?
Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
jboutdoorguy 18-Oct-16
Nocturnal8 18-Oct-16
18-Oct-16
If you had the time to go anywhere in WI on a public land bowhunt where would you go and why? I have a few weeks off and want to check out some new areas. My home of the northwoods is showing SLIGHT recovery but I am well aware there are much better areas to hunt. It looks like Shawano county area has a lot of deer. Is there a decent chance at good buck? Anywhere to get away from people? Southwest WI public? Buffallo/Trempealeau public areas? Coloma/Westfield public areas? I'm not looking to hear the obvious or negative opinions. Just honest thoughts and experiences. Of course there is a chance at a big one anywhere in the rut and of course public is generally harder and pressured. Does anybody here travel throughout the state bowhunting? Interested in hearing from others who travel around hunting.

18-Oct-16
I hunt many areas through out the state. If your serious about stomping new ground you need to just do it. Cyber scout first then walk in to determine your hunch. Areas that are pressured hard need stealth tactics like setting up close to beds without calls. Or setting up in the overlooked areas. That's where the Bucks will be. Id type more. But I'm only able to get out as much until my lights turn green. :-)

• Sitka Gear