Tweed 19-Oct-16
Willert88 20-Oct-16
Jeff in MN 20-Oct-16
Jeff in MN 20-Oct-16
Crusader dad 20-Oct-16
Willert88 20-Oct-16
19-Oct-16

Willert88's Link
Kind of a neat video I thought. Never had anything like this happen before. I guess my take away from video is don't spend too much time worrying about camo, scent killer or any other money traps just get out and hunt!

19-Oct-16
If that is a wild deer. He is likely to do the same to the next hunter he sees. Likely to affect his lifespan negatively.

19-Oct-16
Had a similar experience with a yearling doe on some public land near Tomahawk a couple of years ago. She walked by me at about 5 feet, looked me straight in the eyes and went about her business. One of the coolest hunting experiences I've ever had.

19-Oct-16
Probably the neatest of all videos posted recently! I have never been able to pet a wild deer but there have been times when I was walking to or from my treestand and I had deer very close to me,...always antlerless however,...sometimes with 10 - 15 feet,...and then I spoke and talked to them. They were always unconcerned,...spoke in a low, quiet, calm voice. Eventually either I or they, wandered off. I never mind when a an antlerless deer hangs around,...I figure they are about the best decoy imaginable!

19-Oct-16
I will never forget an encounter I had in Mequon one time bow hunting off the ground where a doe and two fawns came by and one of the fawns came over and touched my boot but nothing like that. Cool video.

19-Oct-16
I can't see the video but I saw the headline. That is pretty cool. I had a wild Doe walk up to me hunting one morning. She let me pet her. Yes it was a mature doe not a fawn. I had pics but have since changed phones. I'll ask my wife if she can find one. I know I posted it last year on the main forum on a similar thread. I don't think I'd ever be able to shoot a deer that walked up to me like she did.

19-Oct-16
I also had a tame doe walk up to my worker and myself three years ago. A neighbor called tho police thinking the deer might have rabies and her kids needed to catch the bus. Before anyone else could be called and after the officer pet the deer he took it into the field and shot it. That is the only time in my entire life that I've been disappointed in a law enforcement officer.

19-Oct-16
Shane- thats the same thing the guy in the video said. No way he could shoot it now. I wonder if he moves his stand location.

20-Oct-16
I have never had an encounter like this before, when I was in the guards we were doing a land navigation course and my buddy walked up on a doe that followed him around for a bit. Made for some neat pics!

20-Oct-16
I have had deer walk past me at 3-5 yards may times while hunting from the ground but they never knew I was there, this is cool. Makes me wonder if it is on a deer farm or some sort of high fence hunting preserve.

20-Oct-16
duplicate deleted

20-Oct-16
My stepdads sister and husband used to live way out in the boonies in Florence co. They had a tame buck that would actually walk into the house from time to time. During gun season they would spray paint it orange. At that time Florence co was buck only. That deer hung around for three years. I'll see if my mom can find some pics of that one.

20-Oct-16
@jeffinmn I don't know this guy personally but went to high school with his brother and grew up in the area he hunt. To the best of my knowledge it is not a game farm. I could be wrong as it has been a few years since I have been back home. Interesting video none the less.

• Sitka Gear