deerman406 22-Oct-16
Bwhntr34 22-Oct-16
deerman406 22-Oct-16
Greenman40 23-Oct-16
sweet old bill 24-Oct-16
Bwhntr34 24-Oct-16
pogo 24-Oct-16
19-Oct-16
With the record temps here on Long Island and the full moon I haven't been out but a few friends have and they have seen little to no movement. Mid day hunts around the full moon for me are out during the week. Has anyone been out mid day the last few days? If so what are you seeing?

19-Oct-16
Hey Tom,I hunted Sunday morning and that moon lit up the woods. Had a spike walk in around 730 and around 815 I did some grunt calling and called in 2 real nice bucks. Sent an arrow into the closet one .A solid 8 pt. Being early ,I thought I would sit and give him time to expire.As I watched him settle down I was quickly startled by deer running everywhere.Off in the distance i heard what sounded like a kids bicycle bell but as the sound got louder I couldn't believe what was happening.There was a dog wearing the biggest cowbell I've ever seen around its neck and its a- hole owner stomping thru the woods following.So that kinda set the tone for the afternoon.Never found the deer after that and had the pleasure of running into the guy as I tried to track my deer.And to make things worse , I had 2 holes in my new truck tire which I found on the way home..whats the chances ?..good luck out there

19-Oct-16
Hey Mike sorry to hear that! I pm'ed you but not sure if you are able to retrieve with the new site layout? It can only get better for you I hope. If the property is posted and the harassment continues it might be worth giving the DEC a call.

20-Oct-16
Movement has been mid day even in the heat. This morning they moved but not until 8:30. I believe with the cool temps coming this weekend will be good! Shawn

20-Oct-16

Buckstopshere 's embedded Photo
This 8 pt. came in just past shooting light, Tuesday evening. It was 74 degrees here and the buck was panting like a dog. But he couldn't wait to hit the overhanging branch over the scrape.

22-Oct-16
Thank Goodness the moon is waning and we have some colder weather. The hunting should get better at least in the hudson valley. Shawn

22-Oct-16
Im also hoping that the cooler weather will help out. I plan on being out from sun up to sun down tomorrow sunday 10/23. Down here in the lower Hudson Valley it is suppose to be a bit windy tomorrow. 15-20mph all day. I have no problem with those speeds. Does anyone else have any opinions? To windy? Better for hunting??

22-Oct-16
I find deer will still move in fairly heavy winds, like tomorrows. I find they are either out in the open or in bottoms secluded from the wind. I believe tomorrow morning will see some of the best movement so far this year. I am gonna be on the backside of bedding in a secluded creek bottom. Hoping the wind is blowing good out of the NW and I should be golden! Shawn

23-Oct-16

Greenman40's embedded Photo
Greenman40's embedded Photo
I have 4 days to bow hunt left his year. I watched this doe for over a hour looking back behind her. Nothing happened, windy as hell. Quest Torrent, Goldtip 5575, muzzy 100g 4 blade, 20yd shot. She barely made 14 paces before dropping.

24-Oct-16
great shot...

24-Oct-16

Bwhntr34's embedded Photo
pleanty of meat here
Bwhntr34's embedded Photo
pleanty of meat here
hey deerman406, I hunted all day in the wind yesterday. I took your idea and put my self down low in a creek bed for the evening part of the hunt. It was much easier than the other 2 spots I sat throughout the day, much less wind. The afternoon was a success, finally put some meat in the freezer. Also a weather lesson learned for the future. 60lb bear truth2 with100grain thunderheads at about 7yds.

24-Oct-16
Congratulations guys..... great shots on those deer!

• Sitka Gear