Inmyelement 20-Oct-16
Nocturnal8 20-Oct-16
razorhead 20-Oct-16
Willert88 20-Oct-16
Mike F 20-Oct-16
Per48R 20-Oct-16
WoundChannel 26-Oct-16
20-Oct-16
First season here, Would you guys recommend trying to make a climber quieter while it is on my back? or buy a hang on and get climbing sticks?

I'm hunting unfamiliar public land, so i do a bit of exploring on foot before settling into a place to hunt.

Looking for advice from you guys who have done it all. Thanks

20-Oct-16
What kind of climber? I've only used two kinds, Gorilla and Summit. The gorilla was great because the used a rubberized paint, but their pins were loud. Find out where the noise is coming from and add a little duct tape. I know others have added Teflon washers to quiet down stands as well. I now own land but still prefer my climbers.

20-Oct-16
What kind of climber? I've only used two kinds, Gorilla and Summit. The gorilla was great because the used a rubberized paint, but their pins were loud. Find out where the noise is coming from and add a little duct tape. I know others have added Teflon washers to quiet down stands as well. I now own land but still prefer my climbers.

20-Oct-16
Hang on and sticks for sure. If you looking to silence it to best best of your ability send me a pm. I will get you started

20-Oct-16
get an xop, 3 sticks and go hunting..... I have a Summit, nice climber, pain in the ass if you run and gun,,,, maybe if you go a half a mile, at best,,,, I cache it in the woods,,, Most of the guys on this site, do not run and gun.... from what I have read,,,,

20-Oct-16
If hunting public land a hang on might be a pain unless doing all day sits. I have never used one so take that with a grain of salt but it is my understanding that you would have to take the stand down when you leave. I used a climber for years but my fear of heights eventually over took my will to climb. Now I hunt from ground with either pop up blind or just natural cover.

20-Oct-16
I hunt a lot of public land for bears and use climbing sticks and hang on's exclusively. I like my hunters to be comfortable and safe so I use Milleniums.

There are plenty of good quiet stands out there find one and give it a try. It's a PITA to set up and take down every day...But that's the law and everyone has to live with it.

20-Oct-16
Hanger and sticks if your going hunting the edge or immature woods. Climber works great in the mature trees, where the limbs are gone. Quite your stand with "moleskin" or hockey tape in the right spots. Tape the point where two pieces of metal touch when you pack it, tape around the buckles as they will clank into things. An bike inner tube may also work. Rubber dip your hooks if they are not someone silenced already. Bring an extra bungy to hold the stand together when your walking. I often put my outerware into the stand and then apply a bungy to keep things quite. You will make more noise with a climber if you need to saw a limb or two (dead or not). But they are very effective in the mature oaks, poplar.... Shaggy barked trees (some pines) are very loud to climb or apply straps. If you have squeaky joints then remove the bolts and apply teflon (plastic) washers. Be slow and quite when you put up your stand. Also be slow so your motion isn't easily seen and to keep from working up a sweat.

26-Oct-16
Thanks for the tips guys, i really appreciate it. It did realize a hang on will be necessary here in the future as i am limited to certain trees with the climber.

• Sitka Gear