DanWesson357 28-Oct-16
Test Man 28-Oct-16
Sawyer 29-Oct-16
nonrespropownr 29-Oct-16
Spider1 31-Oct-16
Rut Nut 31-Oct-16
horsethief51 01-Nov-16
22-Oct-16
I MAY get out today for the 2nd time...... How 'bout you?

22-Oct-16
Good luck if you get out Dale!! BSked

22-Oct-16

Banjo's embedded Photo
Banjo's embedded Photo
So proud of my son Austin, got this 9 point this morning with his longbow! He was chasing a doe and grunting up a storm. The rut is kickin' in.

22-Oct-16
Beautiful buck, congratulations Austin

22-Oct-16
Way to go Austin!!! BSked

22-Oct-16
Congrats Austin.

I saw a doe and two youngins today in the rain while hunting mushrooms. Found some big fresh rubs too. Left the bow at home though :^)

22-Oct-16
WAY TO GO AUSTIN!!! Took a noon walk and found fresh scrapes. Tuesday!!!!!

22-Oct-16
Thats a great buck, Austin! Congratulations! There's alot of guys on this site that hunt with long bows, but never kill anything with them! Way to go!

22-Oct-16
Congrats to the proud father and Austin. Great picture and a great buck!

22-Oct-16
Congrats on a nice buck. What make of longbow? Looks like a Shrew.

22-Oct-16
Thanks everyone, he's still smiling!!! RMH, it's a Striker longbow, 50# @ 28". Goldtip 500 traditional Arrows, 100 grain brass inserts, 125 grain DRT broad head. Complete pass through, deer went about 75yrds.

23-Oct-16
Congratulations Austin! I seen one spike, a doe and two huge turkey's. Sure was alot of shooting until 7:30am over on the posted properties. Didn't expect that many juniors and seniors out.

23-Oct-16
Another all day sit for me. After 11 hrs took a nice mature doe. Saw 7 buck and 9 doe. This coming week is going to be good in 5d. Good luck. BSked

23-Oct-16
Congrats Austin! Had 2 spikes 15 yrds, during that windstorm Saturday. Mother Nature sure can dish it out.

24-Oct-16
Congrats to Austin for the nice buck! And congrats to the proud Dad!!

24-Oct-16
What a Great Buck! Congrats! Was out in 3D Saturday...very windy and rainy all day, but saw 2 doe and later a small buck just walking around by himself...my trail cameras in 5C were unusually devoid of deer throughout the last week also...

24-Oct-16
Congrats nice buck..

24-Oct-16

Going Trad (Parker)'s embedded Photo
This would be "the one"
This would be "the one"
Nice buck Austin, heck of a first with the longbow!!

I went out Saturday morning with the inline to no avail. I went back out with my Striker longbow (my shelf is cut on the correct side though (RH) ). Checked my camera and got pics of younger bucks pushing doe around this past week (16th - 18th) the warm weather kept them down in the daytime for the most part it seemed. On stand I saw 2 doe and this 8 point. He fed in front of me for about 10 minutes, it was tempting but quite honestly he's not even top 4 in this area (lots of nice ones around this year). Now all I have to do is get one / the one to walk past when I'm there.

24-Oct-16
Great Buck! Congrats! : )

25-Oct-16
I was back in Moraine a ways today and found a treestand and homemade set of climbing sticks that had obviously been there for years. The straps were grown into the tree... a white oak. That kind of ticked me off and I went over to cut the straps and take the thing down so it couldn't do any more damage, but I couldn't. What I thought were nylon straps were in fact metal bands and they were crimped onto the tree. What a bonehead. At least I was able to clean up the garbage he left beneath the tree. I'm going to try to get back in there with a pair of snips or side cutters and get it out of there. Well, maybe I better take a cordless grinder with a cutoff wheel because he's got the climbing sticks bolted and double nutted, and it's all rusty, no way it's coming apart with wrenches. Some people's kids.

25-Oct-16
Got out tonight for a last light sit, a few does and two small bucks. I'm planning an all day sit Sat. and possibly Monday

26-Oct-16
Got out last evening in 5C from about 4 to 630 after work...1 smaller 6pter cruising around at about 5 pm

26-Oct-16

Test Man's embedded Photo
Got this guy tonite. He was feeding with a small 6pt.

26-Oct-16
He is a dandy, great mass, classy photo. You gotta be smiling!

26-Oct-16

Thanks Dan, and yes I'm still smiling.

26-Oct-16

27-Oct-16
nice buck test man, congrats!

27-Oct-16
Great Buck- congrats! Saw the biggest buck I've seen in years about to cross one of the back roads this morning at 5:56. Of course I was in my car! : (

27-Oct-16
Congrats, Test...

27-Oct-16
Great job Austin!!

Brandon, that's a tough buck to pass for sure!! Good luck with that brute in the bottom pic!! Wow!!

Test man, beautiful buck! Congrats!!

27-Oct-16

Slipped out of work at lunch today to check cameras in the rain, just moved them over scrapes last Saturday. I normally don't do anything like this but I felt like I could get in and out quickly and freshen up the scrapes. They hit my mock scrape and they made 2 of their own about 40 yards to either side of the mock scrape. Nothing huge hitting the mock scrape but its encouraging to see things are heading in the right direction.

27-Oct-16

27-Oct-16
Congrats guys. Seen two dandies around 1:00pm today trying to roust a doe. In and out of a logged area and a golden rod field. They circled me a couple of times, but never in range. But at least I seem 'em! Tomorrow......

27-Oct-16

outpostdave's embedded Photo
outpostdave's embedded Photo
Got this doe on the Oct. 13th

27-Oct-16
Thanks guys, good luck to you all.

28-Oct-16
nice doe Dave! Congrats!

28-Oct-16
Today on the game lands I saw a 4 pt, an 8 pt, a big doe, a young doe, a squirrel, and a pileated woodpecker. The squirrel came home with me.

28-Oct-16

Sawyer 's embedded Photo
Sawyer 's embedded Photo
This guy followed a doe past my stand at 25 yards last night, I managed to keep it together long enough to put an arrow thru the lungs.

28-Oct-16
Congrats! Nice deer. Watched a buck get off of a doe on forest road 2 nights ago. As I drove up to them I could only see one of eyes in the headlights, & not moving. I could see a lot white, but bigger one the one side, then I realized what was up. I was only 20 yrds when they took off. I could see 4 points on top on the left side. I've only seen breeding one other time & it was way after bow season ended.

Pat

28-Oct-16
Sawyer. That's a great buck!! Love the character in that rack!! Any other pics of him??

Congrats on the doe Dave!

Saw a little 3 point this morning. Things have been pretty slow for me. On vacation starting Tuesday till the end of the season.

28-Oct-16
Nice!

28-Oct-16
Congrats, Sawyer! Definitely buck of a lifetime! Very cool!!

28-Oct-16
Sawyer that buck looks like the OLD Man of the forest. I suspect He has been alive a long long time.

28-Oct-16
Nice buck Sawyer, way to get it done

29-Oct-16
Thanks guys! There are more pics and details of him over on the whitetail forum.

29-Oct-16
Sawyer and Test Man, those are bucks to be proud of. Congratulations!

31-Oct-16
nice buck Sawyer! Congrats!

31-Oct-16
That's a great buck Sawyer! Gotta love those drop tine bucks! :)

01-Nov-16
About 8:40 this morning a doe ran by me followed by a spike and a 7 point.

• Sitka Gear