Ksholle1 25-Oct-16
casekiska 25-Oct-16
Ksholle1 28-Oct-16
Ksholle1 28-Oct-16
Crusader dad 28-Oct-16
30PTR 28-Oct-16
Nocturnal8 28-Oct-16
24-Oct-16
Hey Everyone, I am fairly new to the bowsite and don't know if I'm following proper etiquette, but my brother and I will be driving in from PA on Saturday to hunt on in Richland County and Sauk County for a week. Was just wondering if anyone in those areas would be willing to let me know if you are seeing any rut activity? Also wondering how the weather has been out there. This will be my 3rd time out to this area in Wisconsin,but I figured I would post on the WISC board to see if anyone could be of assistance. Any help would be appreciated and again, I didn't mean to drop in on the local board as an out-of-stater! -K.S.

24-Oct-16
No problem. The bucks are starting to move some. The hunting would be better the first week of November though. I used to hunt in Greene County and usually had a blast.

24-Oct-16
lots of deer shot this weekend in Sauk

24-Oct-16
The corn is coming off pretty fast. I went from Mt Horeb to Platteville (80 miles round trip) Fri night and counted 7 fresh road kills. 5 were young bucks.

24-Oct-16
We will be hunting the 28th of October to the 5th of November

24-Oct-16
Road kill is always a good indicator. This weekend I drove from Appleton to the Wisconsin Dells and was astounded at the number of roadkill deer I saw and a good number were bucks. They are definitely starting to move.

24-Oct-16
Hello Ksholle1 - You and your brother are certainly coming at the right time. This weekend it all should bust loose. Some areas of WI are showing strong rutting activity now, others are just coming in to their own. I hunt Sauk County and suspect we will not be hunting too many miles apart. Just this past weekend I began to see more scrapes and rubs and bucks out traveling. This weekend should be the beginning of it all; expect to see deer! What parts of Richland and Sauk County do you hunt? Anywhere near the village of Plain (in Sauk)? If you do get to Plain stop in at Diehls Tap to see the many, many trophy deer mounts that have all been taken from the surrounding area. Some of them are monsters! Big bucks! Great to see! All from the area! Good luck to you. Have fun. Hunt Safely.

25-Oct-16
We hunt out of Richland Center mainly within 45 mins to an hour outside of there. Thanks for the Info!

25-Oct-16
Sounds as if you are in a great area. Rolling hills & valleys. Beautiful right now, full color, whitetails galore! Really, if you can, get to Plain to see the trophies mounted there. Also, if you have any issues with your archery tackle there is a pretty good archery pro-shop right on Hwy. 14 in Arena (Pappas Trading Post, a few miles SE of RC).)

28-Oct-16
Normally when I head out to WISC, Temperatures are in the 30's to 10's...How do you think the warmer weather forecasted for next week will affect the deer movement if at all with it being the end of OCT and beginning of NOV??

28-Oct-16
Normally when I head out to WISC, Temperatures are in the 30's to 10's...How do you think the warmer weather forecasted for next week will affect the deer movement if at all with it being the end of OCT and beginning of NOV??

28-Oct-16
I don't know whether it will slow down movement much or not but it's definitely going to make sitting all day a lot more comfortable. I'd think about trying to find where they are drinking and hunt there.

28-Oct-16
I don't think the temperature is going to affect them much. Once the does kick into heat the temperature isn't going to hold the bucks back.

28-Oct-16
The temps will slow things down. First light and last light movement. Most of the time anyways. We all hope for mid morning cruising. But Like crusader said. If you have water on your property than that should be hunted. At least once. I'd throw a camera on it if anything. I don't let anything bother me this time of year. Just hunt hard no matter what.

• Sitka Gear