Contributors to this thread:
TomF 24-Oct-16
Dusktildawn 24-Oct-16
TomF 24-Oct-16
LBshooter 25-Oct-16
The last savage 28-Oct-16
Zim1 29-Oct-16
24-Oct-16
Greetings from Maryland. I'll be heading to Jefferson County next Friday for a 10 day hunt. I've been monitoring the weather. It looks like temps in the mid to upper 60s during the day and 40s at night. Has this affected the prerut activity at all? Thoughts? Thanks - Tom

24-Oct-16
Most of the movement I've seen on public land has been during the last 1/2 hour of daylight. Moring and mid day has been a ghost town. Lots of fresh sign but that's from the P.M. movement. With some cooler weather headed this way in 2 weeks the deer activity will be much better. Bachelor groups of bucks still hanging together also. Soon enough that will no longer be the case. Persistence and patience, along with going the extra mile, should produce come November. Shoot straight and be Safe.

24-Oct-16
Appreciate it.

25-Oct-16
Halloween in northern IL going to be 75 according to weather.com

28-Oct-16
Tom I'm from md and I'm in Illinois now day 4 of a 16 day bowhunting out of a tent excursion..great time so far..I've seen tons of small rubs a few good scrapes,and not many deer... now mosquitoes!!!!!..dusk is dead on last light movement and little of it....but there's a booner coming... haaaaaa

29-Oct-16

Zim1's embedded Photo
Zim1's embedded Photo
Lost my entire October hunting season this year due to extended marriage events, but wife is worth it. As for this weather, I'm lucky with my job I travel a lot, but have a ton of flexibility. So I shifted gears and changed my short term schedule. Drive down to west central IL today from Chicago area to set up camp. Will hunt Sunday when a cool front keeps temp down to 66 high. Then will go to work in St. Louis Mon-Wed for the 80 high/60 low heat wave. And return to my camp to begin serious hunting Thursday as cool front arrives. I'll be able to hunt all the way through the balance of November and just work mid-days via my laptop. Also drew a public firearm tag this year so will stay down there to 2nd season if necessary. So I'll have 5 weeks to get'r done. Long time livin in the tent but it's actually pretty comfy and I got wifi w/streamin TV. Learned a long time ago not to fight the heat. Just work around it and put myself in position to hunt all the better hunting weather days for the longest time period. I'm lucky I can do this with my job.

• Sitka Gear