Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
Tweed 24-Oct-16
Swampy 24-Oct-16
casekiska 24-Oct-16
Tweed 24-Oct-16
24-Oct-16

Tweed's Link
I bought my two small daughters two of those cheap Bear 1st Shot bows just to get them started. The link is above. We get home, get the target set up and I shoot an arrow to show them how to do it. It veers (more like a curve ball) to the right. At about 7 yards it at a nearly 90 degree angle. They shoot right handed off of the left side of the shelf/rest. What could be the reason for this?

I had a cheap bow growing up and the 9 year old had one when she was 4 but didn't have these problems. Could it be the arrows that came with the bows?

Before anyone gets bent out of shape the only thing they'll be "hunting" with these are balloons.

24-Oct-16
Either arrow's or rest . Could be there release hand . Hope you get it fixed .

24-Oct-16
I have never heard of an arrow veering so far to the right for a right handed shooter, regardless of arrow spine. That being said, it could be arrow spine, although I doubt it what with the almost 90 degree right angle. I suspect it is their release. Just be certain that, as they look at the target, the arrow is on the left side of the bow (for a right handed shooter) and when they place their fingers on the string (right hand) the string is only about first joint deep. Note: three fingers,...one above the nock & two below.

It could possibly be the equipment, although I doubt it. I would find it difficult to believe Bear would not engineer the tackle components (even at this light weight) to be compatible with each other.

I assume they are shooting with fingers and with three fletch arrows. If so, be sure the arrow is nocked on the string with the cock feather pointed away from the bow. This would be especially critical if the arrows have plastic vanes and not actual feathers.

Good luck. Keep us posted on progress.

24-Oct-16
I cross posted this over on the leatherwall (great place) and seems they think that the arrows that come with it are probably over splined. The set only cost $15 so its not hard to believe. 1616 arrows were mentioned and cutting them down to 24". Think I'll try just cutting down some of my old and damaged 2117s that are fletched with feathers before by arrows for them.

• Sitka Gear